New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Filamented ''jumper'' wrasse :o

Started by ordi260, September 13, 2010, 09:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordi260

I have a filamented flasher wrasse  and he has an obvious stress problem, its been the second time it jumps.

I have eggcrate covering the tank but he managed to get through it...
Any toughts?

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Rybren

I have some 1/4"x1/4" plastic screening that can fit into a window screen frame.  LMK if you want some.

Here are some pics of my cover using this stuff.  I have a thin strip of egg crate at the back to accomodate PH wires and my sump return.

120G Reef

johnrt

That 1/4" plastic screen does look handy. Where did you get it?  Thank you. John T

Rybren

Canadian Tire.  It's too bad we didn't discuss it when you were here on Sunday, I could have given you some.
120G Reef

ordi260

sure looks neat! i would like to have some for sure. i have a small tank. it wont take much! ill send you a pm soon! 

does anyone have instructions on how to build a wooden canopy for a 20 gallon!  i want to make extra sure it wont jump again! well...it will probably jump again but i dont want the poor guy to fall

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]