New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

shrimp compatibility: Lf expert

Started by NjOyRiD, September 26, 2010, 07:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

anyone here know what shrimps can go with oth4r kind of shrimp?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Cbellehumeur

I wouldn't consider myself a shrimp expert but i can let you know from experience. I've kept skunk shrimp, cleaner shrimp and coral banded shrimp together. Keep in mind that it also depends on size of tank and if your feeding them. Coral banded get big and will eat anything and everything (large fish, snails, and other shrimp). Not sure about other kinds of shrimp. My guess is that if they're well fed and have a large enough territory they'll be fine.

NjOyRiD

yeah so far so good with mine; i have a pair of cleaner, a pair of coral banded and a sexy shrimp
i wanna know if i could add a pistol shrimp to go with my bluegill goby...
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Vincenzo.