New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

condi

Started by 10gnano, October 22, 2010, 04:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gnano

just goy mu first anenome, its a condi

redbelly

Nice!
Do you have high lighting on your tank?

10gnano

i have 70 watts of mh at 20k and 24 watts of t5ho actinic and 24 watts oh 18k t5ho

robt18

Might wanna add some white light into there to get some more growth!

10gnano

do you mean a lower K light? like a 6500 k or 10 k?

Darth

its my understanding corals grow best in 10k, and considering how blue your mh is the actinics are kind of redundant

redbelly

Yes corals will grow faster under the 10k lighting but so will the algae. Plus your colors under higher K lighting are nicer.

IMO your lighting is fine the way it is.
Who makes the 18k T5 HO?

Post a pic up of your condy if you have a chance.
Typically these anemone tend to move a fair amount and can really sting corals so just keep an eye out. They say that a condy wont host a clown either but nobody told the tomato clown that I had though as it lived in a condy for quite a while.

Darth

I have an 18k mh and 2 pc actinics, and the actinics on or off don't make much of difference, and my false percs hosted my cody, they also hosted my feather duster as well though, just never know what they are gonna do

10gnano

its a company called GLO its in there Power series. My light is a 22 inch t5ho

10gnano

here is my tank

[attachment deleted by admin]

10gnano

here it is with everything opened up

JetJumper

Sorry, but I can't see the pictures.. They are WAY too small :(
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

10gnano

so my condi is a Ritteri (maroon) the guy at the LFS messed up, Score. Now I have to get a maroon clown, cause my perc goes no where near it

10gnano

okay. this is interesting. My anenome is not a Maroon Either. I misunderstood the word that the LFS guy was saying. He was saying Malu , not maroon. Anybody have any info on these guys. I have searched the web and not gotten munch info at all.

White Lightning

DOes it have an orange foot?

10gnano