New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

coral banded shrimp and peppermint shrimp

Started by Cbellehumeur, January 21, 2011, 06:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cbellehumeur

Do you think my fairly large CB shrimp will make a couple peppermint shrimp lunch? I have a Large CB and would like to add 2 peppermints. I've known a few CB to be aggressive. I have a 46g.
Let me know what you think!
Thanks

yellowtang

You know what .... If Cb are aggressive
To fish... Mine is ... Can you just
Imagen what they might do to
Very defenseless peppermint
Shrimps, I ve seen cb
Defending against mantishrimp.
However , the final outcome was not
A happy one...on few words
The cb might stock them.
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Darth

I just had this conversation with az, as he told me coral banded are going on sale,. if they are small they are fine, once they get big, they become aggressive, you would have to keep them well fed

NjOyRiD

never thrust a coral banded shrimp thats my opinion
its liek having trigger in a reef
you just never know

heres a quick video on mine, just defending their hole :D
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Rybren

My CBS has eaten every peppermint that I've put into the tank.  You'd think that I'd have learned by now, but I keep trying.
120G Reef

Nyx

We've had a huge coral banded for almost the entire 9 years our reef tank has been set up. I don't know about peppermint shrimp as we've never had luck with them but "Arnold" cohabits quite fine with a pair of cleaners and a pair of bloods. He's not ever been fed anything special and he's never been aggressive, not to the cleaners or bloods or to any of the fish in the tank, either. Mind you, he has a lot of room and a lot of hiding spaces but he and the cleaners live in in caves just inches apart. No problems. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

reptile boi

When i had my saltwater tank up i had a CBS in there for about 2 years,for the first year he was great, never showed any aggression at all, then one morning i woke up to find one of my 2 red leg hermits shredded up to peices, a few of his legs were on one end of the tank and the other bits were on the other side and the only critters i had in that tank were the 1 CBS, 3 blue leg hermits, 2 red leg hermits and 1 clownfish