New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

vibrating male clownfish??

Started by bandit, February 10, 2011, 03:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

So, about 7rs plus ago I purchesed a wild true percula clown and a tank raised ocelaris clown. Its been 7yrs and they have never mated. They have been a bonded pair sense purchase. Always hang together in a toadstool leather and they are definatly sexed the percula is the female being about double the size.

Just today I noticed for the first time the male has started swimming up to the percula everytime she ventures away from the toadstool and vibrates like he is have a seizure. 

I hope this means they are going to breed. If so I guess its taken 7yrs for him to give in, scared of commitment I guess  ;D

Severum

My male ocellaris has been doing that for years. No breeding yet.

He must be sexually frustrated. She must not be willing with the tangs always watching.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

JetJumper

Quote from: Severum on February 10, 2011, 03:18:47 PM
My male ocellaris has been doing that for years. No breeding yet.

He must be sexually frustrated. She must not be willing with the tangs always watching.

haha, you sure its not the Yellow Watchman Goby ;) (If you have one)  They see all!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Ian

mine just started doing the same ( special osc. clown).. as soon as some of the other ( 2 B/W and one other spc ) got away, the biggest one just go crazy :D and start to shake left and right...is there any thing wrong with him ?

CanadaReef

Nope there is nothing to worry about this, its a normal behaviour. My onyx clowns has been doing this for a while and no breeding yet.

Ian

wow ok cool.. I was scared of loosing them!

bongo

mine have been doing this for a while

at first I was thinking they would lay eggs somewhere... but like I said it has been a while and seing this thread has brought me back on earth lol