New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Watchman Goby

Started by Roxanne, March 05, 2011, 08:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxanne

Well, added a nice yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp to my tank yesterday and both have since been hiding   :(  I am hoping this is all normal and that they will eventually come out so we can see them a little...

HomerJ

It is my understanding that the goby is not a fish that will be "in your face" all the time.  It is also normal for them to be shy at first.  Give them a few days, I'm sure you'll see them more.

smalltownfan

We put a WG & PS in our tank. Didn't see either for a few weeks, thought we lost them. Then we saw substrate that had been moved overnight. Now we see the WG at the mouth of the burrows and the PS is doing a daily major restructuring of the bottom.    It takes time.  Patience Grasshopper.

We also have Clown Goby that is "in your face" all of the time. He has his perch on a coral mid-tank and is always overseeing the happenings in the tank.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Darth

that's the one thing I hate about this hobby you buy something and you think wow that is cool, and then you put it in you tank and you never see it, I have done this with pom pom crabs, and reef lobster =(

jon1985

I put a ywg and pistol in my tank about 3 months ago and never saw them again, about 2 weeks ago they both reappeated almost doubled in size.

bandit

My pair sometimes goes into hiding for a couple weeks and then they are out I dont understand it. But they are great to watch when they are out.

C-Dog

yea i have a pistol goby pair too. it seems they go through "sections" of the tank. 3 main burrows and they rotate which area they are gonna work on.

its funny cuz it seems like a huge circle of wasted work. Fixing something but in the end ruining something they made before then having to go back to fix what they just made and ruined.

lost_at_sea

I made the mistake of getting a bullseye Pistol Shrimp and Watchman Goby..... apparently (lol) bullseye pistol's don't pair up with goby's. 

Roxanne

well; found the hiding spot...at the back of the tank far from curious eyes looking at them but they seem to be hard at work as I noticed the pistol shrimp digging his burrow and the goby happily watching out. ;)  Hopefully they will find a spot near the front eventually...

C-Dog

they will, they move arround the tank