New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

3 Koi's and 1 gold fish dead

Started by renadia, July 10, 2008, 07:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renadia

I'm having an unlucky year  :(  I measured them and they were bigger than I tough.

I woke up this morning and I found my biggest Koi 13"  :'( and 2 Koi's 8 and 9" and 1 6" goldfish dead outside my pond. I have been having problems with my waterfall, there's a leak somewhere and I tough I had it fixed. I left home yesterday around noon and came back late last night and didn't check my pond. Well this morning there was 6"  of water left, the pond filter was on it's side. I think a cat had a party, it was probably able to go on the shelves inside the pond and played with them, there are scales on the sides and the fish where out on the ground some with a bit of damage but they where not eaten.

I'm so discouraged, my waterfall that worked so well last year has been a nightmare this year, it's been one thing after another. I think I may just bring in the rest of my fish

charlie

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope things take the upswing soon.

cora

awww Diane Im sorry to hear about the loss of your fish! :( They sound like they where beautiful fish!
I hope you can get your waterfall and pump to work properly!

washefuzzy

Oh that is terrible to loose big old kois like that. I hope you are able to get things sorted out with your pool.

The Pond Boy

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your lost. To find the koi outside the pond, most likely it wasn't a cat, but it can be a racoon. They take the fish out of the pond and most of the times they eat only the head of the fish. To help you out. I will donate one koi and a couple of goldfish to you for free, if you want. Also I can help you most likely with your waterfall.
If I can help you or/and if you want the free fish, please reply.
Thanks,

Greg Veldhuizen
The Pond Boy
www.thepondboy.com

Fishnut

Wow...that's so discouraging!!  What a loss.  :( I'm always afraid that one day something will happen to my pond like that. 

I hope you decide to search for the problem once and for all.  Do you have something to put the koi in for the time being?  It would be so much easier to find the issue without having to worry about the fish.

renadia

Well, I filled the pond so now they are no longer easy preys and the filter is working. As for the waterfall I have not been able to fix it yet, I have been down with the flu since last Thursday  :(. Leave to me to get this in the summer!

The remaining fish are OK and I don't dare start the waterfall until I'm sure it will work properly and not drain out most of the pond again.

Thanks

Diane

renadia

Quote from: The Pond Boy on July 10, 2008, 05:40:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your lost. To find the koi outside the pond, most likely it wasn't a cat, but it can be a racoon. They take the fish out of the pond and most of the times they eat only the head of the fish. To help you out. I will donate one koi and a couple of goldfish to you for free, if you want. Also I can help you most likely with your waterfall.
If I can help you or/and if you want the free fish, please reply.
Thanks,
Greg Veldhuizen
The Pond Boy
www.thepondboy.com

Hi Greg, I will not say no to the fish  :) but I can't pay to get help at the moment, I'm on sick leave since my son died in March and I have not received any money since my sick leave ran out, being the government, someone is always very slow to do their part of the paperwork and it takes forever to accomplish anything.

As for the fish, nothing was eaten, only some scales removed on the dead fish and the surviving ones >:(

Thanks

Diane

The Pond Boy

Diane,

If you need help, I am available to help you out, and if you don't have the money, I will donate 1/2 a day for free to help you out.
Thanks,

Greg Veldhuizen
The Pond Boy
www.thepondboy.com

renadia

Hi Greg,

I can't say no to that  :)  I'm starting to fell better, anytime you are free let me know

Thanks

Diane

The Pond Boy

Diane,

Next week I have time available, give me a call at 613-866-7538.
Thanks,

Greg Veldhuizen
The Pond Boy
www.thepondboy.com