New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Group order from Spencer Jack, Cichlaholics

Started by dpatte, August 22, 2012, 10:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

In the next few weeks, I expect to be making an order from Spencer Jack
http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/August%2021.pdf

Items I am looking for are:
- koi angels
- rams
- rummynose
- cardinals
- cories
- marble hatchets
- broadleaf plants (amazons)

Would anyone be interested in joining in on an order?

I have a lot of spare tank space that I can use temporarily to house the fish when they come in, if thats of help. If interested, I can start cycling those extra tanks.
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

flyingpancake

Would be interested in the following

2 small moss balls @ $3.50 each

2 bunches of Mexican Oak Leaf @ $4 each

40 dwarf black shrimp caradina @ $2 each

Let me know when your ordering and can give you the cash.

dpatte

Thanks. I'll contact you know as we get closer, and if the price get reduced by quantities ordered. I expect to order within 2 weeks.
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.

dpatte

Spencers large cardinals are $1.50 each plus tax (and a small amount for shipping) if we can order enough. That would work out to about $2/each.

Fishnut

Here's the most recent list...posted Aug. 24

http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/August%2024.pdf

Put me down for 40 Pygmy cories please!!  I've been looking for these fish for such a long time!!

On this list, the Altum angels are in...small ones for only $20.  I've been racking my brains as to where I can move fish so that I have a spot for them but I simply don't have any space left.  I'm trying to downsize as it is.  Darnit.

Fishnut

Altums are sold out...crap.

dpatte, do you have enough participants for the order?  Please let me know when you're going to place it and when you want the money.

dpatte

My plants and half the fish I wanted are sold out as well. All the participants are listed below, but I'm holding back because my 150 is not yet quite cycled, unfortunately. Nitrites disappear daily, but the ammonia doesn't quite.

I'll keep this list open, and when I'm ready to order I'll post here again and see who is still interested. I guess I could do a smaller order, but then the cost per fish is much higher.

Fishnut

Darn.  I haven't seen these pygmy cories in such a long time. I don't want to wait too long and have them sold out too.  What size fish are you getting and how many?  I don't have much space but there are a couple of empty and cycled 20 gallons in my basement that have been slated to be emptied and put away.  I could leave them running for a bit.

dpatte

Im getting large cardinals, koi angels, and cories, but most of the rest I wanted sold out in a 2-3 days, so the order wont get the discounted shipping anymore.

Maybe I'll contact him and ask if he is expecting the plants I was looking for.

dpatte

I heard from Spencer, and alot everything I wanted is sold out. I will see how big an order we have at this point and get back to you.

Fishnut

I saw that the number of pygmy cories he has in stock has dropped significantly in yesterday's list.  Was 500, now 350.  I'm going ahead with an order, regardless, since I haven't seen these cories in decent condition in such a long time.  Please let me know if you still want anything.

flyingpancake, we will be dividing the shipping costs among us as well so it's going to add up to be more than just the cost of fish and the tax.  Are you still in?  They don't seem to have any shrimp on the list.

Most recent list:

http://cichlaholic.com/pdf/August%2029.pdf

Fishnut

I want to place the order asap but on Tuesday morning at the latest.  They can't ship on the long weekend anyways.

I was told that there will be a $45 shipping rate, plus the $10 box charge and HST for 60 pygmy cories.  Kindof a waste of a box IMO, but it still works out to be less per fish than the LFS was charging last time.

dpatte

I'm in for

12 Koi Angels
50 Large Cardinal tetras
5 echinodorus bleheri
5 8 CRYPTOCORYNE WENDTII 'MI OYA'

This may help bring the order up to the better price for shipping.

Fishnut

Sorry...the crypts?

5 8 CRYPTOCORYNE WENDTII 'MI OYA'

dpatte

Fishnut

Ok...I'm placing the order in the morning then. 

The only thing left on flying pancake's list is the moss balls and if he/she changes his/her mind, I'll just keep them.

Fishnut

The order has been placed. 

They sent the last of the echinodorus bleheri out yesterday, unfortunately.

Air Canada ships on the weekends so I'll be getting the box on Sunday.  I'll call when I get the details.

Shipping is $30, there's a box charge of $10 and the HST is $43.67.  Adds up to $83.67 in additional charges.  I'll be dividing the additional charges per individual fish/plant purchased.

Total fish plants being shipped: 129

83.67/129=$0.65 each

dpatte: you have 67 items coming = $43.55 plus the cost of your items for a total of $249.45

flyingpancake, you have 2 items coming = $1.30 plus the cost of your items for a total of $8.30

I have 60 items coming = $39.00 plus the cost of my items for a total of $122.40

masoud100

Hi everyone I am a new forum member and just missed your oder as I would have ordered about 5 fish as well maybe next time if you order let me know

Fishnut

Actually, the order got delayed.  All of the fish I ordered are sick so Spencer is holding off shipping until they're better.  Great of him to do that!!

If you want in on it, there's still time.

masoud100

Ok I am interested in getting

6 Moustache Danio ($9.00)
1 Stripped Peacock Eel ($15)
1 Cryptocoryne Wendittii ($6.50)

Can you tell me how much total I will be paying. Can you give me an amount including all of the above and another amount excluding the plant. When will I look to be recieving it. And will they be alive when I recieve them?