New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers needed for Giant Auction!

Started by fischkopp, March 10, 2014, 05:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

Hi fellow fish nuts! As you may know, the OVAS Annual Giant Auction as part of AQUAMANIA is fast approaching! We are already working hard for you to make this event happen, but we cannot run the auction without your help!

At the auction day we need people for the following tasks:

• Auctioneer - you will be at the center of the action, presenting the item and calling the bids. Latin language skills and a certain knowledge of aquaria are great asset, but if you are cool, open and communicative you will do just as good of a job
  • Runners - you are the backbone of each auction, keep items moving to auctioneer and buyer. It's an healthy alternative to sitting in the audience for a whole day. It's you who keep the day go smoothly.
  • Raffle - you will be promoting raffle ticket sales. People will come to you. Being loud always helps to draw the attention to you. Or you jump on the tables - we leave that to your comfort.

Please contact me or indicate in this thread if you would like to participate for any of these actives. I know some of you already indicated that you would like to participate. I will be in touch with you.

Cheers,
Robert Hemp
OVAS Auction Chair
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

daworldisblack

Signing up to help as Auctioneer(1st Choice) or Runner
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

robt18

ajm1961

Thanks to Errol's post with a volunteer association, we have the following people who have put their names to volunteer as well:

- Melissa Poutot and Audrey Ward are volunteering as runners on Sunday April 6th for 8 hour shifts together.
- Tuan Huynh, Hector Arias De Los Santos, Mohamed Abdulla, Mariam Meshalm, and Jorgo Hidershaj are also volunteering on Sunday from 11:00 to closing (no positions were specified - we can let them know what needs to be done)

So SEVEN people all together!

And I am volunteering as auctioneer.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 11, 2014, 09:29:52 AM
Thanks to Errol's post with a volunteer association, we have the following people who have put their names to volunteer as well:

- Melissa Poutot and Audrey Ward are volunteering as runners on Sunday April 6th for 8 hour shifts together.
- Tuan Huynh, Hector Arias De Los Santos, Mohamed Abdulla, Mariam Meshalm, and Jorgo Hidershaj are also volunteering on Sunday from 11:00 to closing (no positions were specified - we can let them know what needs to be done)

So SEVEN people all together!

And I am volunteering as auctioneer.
The request to the volunteer association were only for runners, so all responding will be for runners, of course the powers that be can use them as he see fit.
Errol

fishmonger

Raffle, raffle, I want raffle sales job!  :)

Stussi613

Can everyone that is indicating that they would like to Volunteer please fill out the following form so we can track the responses and get information out to people easily?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lY4uRyYGC56sCWjDkuqnKouBzC1N9EYqm7kzm3XNp-U/viewform#start=invite
I haz reef tanks.

fishmonger

Info submitted, please do not share my address.

Stussi613

Quote from: fishmonger on March 11, 2014, 09:04:57 PM
Info submitted, please do not share my address.

We don't share any information provided to us for the purpose of registration, or any other purpose, with anyone for any reason...
I haz reef tanks.

Dxpert

I'll be around both days, happy to help.

gandsande4me

Raffle Ticket Sales I can help with.  I sell 50/50 at sens and 67's games.  if your in the front entrance to CTC and someone is making you deaf yelling 50/50 slogans. That's me....  I have been on the form for a while just not able to attend meetings(or take a membership yet) or really do more more then attend the Auction for years.  However things are changing for me and I think I can even afford a membership this year and hopefully will get to a few regular meetings.    Tell me when and where.   Sorry Saturday I am at a different Charity event for kids.

Form submitted............

fishmonger

Havent heard from anyone about if Im needed on Sunday, also, what time should I arrive with my Donation Endlers?  I will need them bagged and tagged.

SlyAngel

hello, sorry for the delay. Stephanie will contact you tomorrow to provide you with the information.

Thanks for helping us!
I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?