New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

In wall tank project update

Started by gmann, April 05, 2007, 12:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

A reprieve, how fortunate, is the house clean? Did you put away all of your tools? Good luck with tomorrow then, the suspense has us all quite curious as to how this is going to go over. I'm sure that you will be fine, just don't suck up too much or she will be suspicious. :)

garnpet

Quote from: gmann on April 06, 2007, 11:47:25 PM
well just received the call and the revealing will have to wait until tomorrow around 4pm.flight in peurto rico had challenges leaving and therefore connections were missed.

Sort of sounds like that last minute call from the state governor just before the execution!   ::)
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

darkdep

Well, now you have time to get that frame finished.  It just won't go over right without that.

When you come home, just don't say anything.  When she sees it and says "WHAT THE HELL"??  Just look at it and say "What? That?"

gmann

Thats pretty much the plan. UNFORT. Chris can't get that frame done. I will bring the luggage in and let her come in first. She will be in a good mood because she received $400 to cancel the flight to Montreal and is now flying direct to Ottawa.   

gmann

It took her a while to see it ??? When she did her first words were, "oh you built a new tank". followed by "It's cool" and I am not mad.. That was nice to hear. So now its off to find a frame. I will post pics once that is on.   

RoxyDog

Quote from: gmann on April 07, 2007, 02:36:49 PM
It took her a while to see it ??? When she did her first words were, "oh you built a new tank". followed by "It's cool" and I am not mad.. That was nice to hear. So now its off to find a frame. I will post pics once that is on.   

What?!  lol  I could put a .5 gallon tank in the bathroom behind the toilet and my husband would see it and definitely NOT say "it's cool".   ::)  Good to hear you're not sleeping on the couch dude.  ;)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

garnpet

Quote from: gmann on April 07, 2007, 02:36:49 PM

They must have been boozing it up on the plane trip home.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

darkdep

I don't get it.  Wow good for you Gerry!

gmann

I think she was very excited to show me all the booze she brought back. I did over hear her conversation with my father in-law and heard, "I am impressed"... yes, bonus points! ;D

sniggir

nice... congrats on the tank and not sleeping on the couch lol
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

babblefish1960

Very interesting reaction, you obviously know your wife better than the rest of think you do, so congratulations on the success of this project, and of course the even bigger and better projects to come. :)

rmicroys

Nice addition to the Richcraft Rosewood special.  I used to live in a Richcraft home just like that almost.

gmann

After a few days or was that hours, I was instructed to change the "fawn beige". I knew that was coming after Beowulf mentioned the colour pink.  That has been completed and the colour is now "Rossotto" and NO ITS NOT WHITE.. Just finished the first coat for half the dining room and sanded the wall in the living room. Next on my list is to sand the red oak frame and give it one more coat of verathane. Hopefully that will go up tomorrow and all this will be completed before tomorrows game at 3pm.
Fish seem to be enjoying whats going on however I do not like painting with the tank all set up. I have not finished the aquascaping yet. Need a few more rocks in there and there was a suggestion that there should be some plants.  I also added a pic of my 135 with moonlights on..

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

It's a pity you had to lose the nice pink colour for just a plain white, but hey, you want to keep her happy right. Looks as though you're having fun at least, and the 135 looks interesting in the dark as well. ;)

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

gmann

Don"t fall off your chairs but the in wall project has been completed, FINALLY. Instead of the MDF for the frame I went with the Red Oak and I am happy I  compromised with the 3.25" wide instead of the 4.25" as I originally wanted. Fish in the tank include: 15 Demasoni, 4 Red zebra(red), 3 Melanochromis Dialeptos, 3 WC aceii, 5 labs and 1 male ps.perspicax orange cap. Big thanks to RON, Duane and all the rest of my friends who helped out.  Now to start planning for the next project :D 

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Pity you had to paint it from that lovely pink to that plain white, the colour really brought the rocks within to life. The white makes them look like rocks. ;)

Actually it looks very nice, it was a surprising outcome given the conditions which were set down. You are gifted in knowing your wife's tolerance, good job, and swell looking set up with  the oak as well.

What is your next mysterious gaffe?

plecoL83