New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Oscar

Started by NjOyRiD, January 20, 2005, 05:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "StylinT"All oscars are diffrent there like dogs some love kids or smaller fish in this case while others are nasty

you should also never mix SA Cichlids with Africain thats like putting a lizard in the artic its not meant for that type of enviroment
of course they can survive but it wouldnt make them comfertable there

you are so right! My oscar was peaceful wth others
Its also like my Clown knife, everybody told me to not put him with other fish! hehe hes been in the gang for 5 years now!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

StylinT

Well thats what probally beat up your oscar so badly

I would leave him in the 55 by him slef for his permanant home
thats the minimum size for 1 oscar 55 gallons an no other fish at all except a pleco or a single jd

NjOyRiD

All together they've been together for 4-5 years witohout any probs!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

StylinT

i know all the fish in the end have one thing in common they love to have there own terittory an they are all super aggresive hmm i guess thats 2 things lol

but whatever happens there your fish if ya dont mind your oscar looking like that all the time  then put him back in

NjOyRiD

i might gonna sell it
370g System

Aiglos

you might sell what nj?

NjOyRiD

370g System

Julie

How's the Oscar?

NjOyRiD

bad like really bad! I,ll show you pics later..I need help..big Hole on his gill..
370g System

dannypd

I grow my OWN feeder fish...
...cheaper and healthier.

I started with 50 rosy reds, then, 10 survived (3 months), then they had over 100 babies...since then, I've been rearing my own fry/rosies.

I am CONSIDERING buying a small kids pool from a yard sale and raising rosy's in my basement, but I'd have too many...what would be a fair price to charge for HEALTH well fed rosy's?

NjOyRiD

370g System

dannypd

I've seen this before!!!

Umm, it was a PARASITIC BASED infection!!!!  

Either your oscar was attacked and got a good blow, your oscar swam into a rock (or log), or you've got some nasties inside your oscar (usually affects oscars a few years old...).

I dont know what my friend treated his oscar, but I will call tomorrow morning and ask, if he still remembers...

aidensmomma2000

Poor thing- thats so sad  :cry:

NjOyRiD

that thing appaered yesterday, when i came back from work i saw that! and in the Aquarium..theres no rock, no wood, only gravel and a plastic plant....
370g System

Julie

Did he have that mark before? (but just whitish looking)
Is he eating and what does his poop look like?
What have you been treating him with?

StylinT

To get some better help for him go to theoscarspot.com an post the pics there those guys take oscars there religiously lol

ask them for advice

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "Julie"Did he have that mark before? (but just whitish looking)
Is he eating and what does his poop look like?
What have you been treating him with?

he had no marks bad liek that when i put him in my 55 gal
he does eat all the time...poop looks like hum..poop? lol
2nd day I'm treating with melafix
370g System

Julie

I'd try posting at the other site.  They're experts on Oscars.

NjOyRiD

thanx julie, I Appreciated!
370g System