New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

told ya

Started by artw, April 20, 2006, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvfishies

Brig snails. Cherry shrimp. Bamboo shrimp. Bristlenose plecs. Apistos. PLANTS. PLANTS. oh and did I mention PLANTS?

Rainbows.

Gosh the possibilities are endless, as long as you stay away from Malawi and Tanganyika! Those lakes do limit you, you know ;)

Iceman

Rainbows! Yes. I plan to start a rainbow tank whever my wife stops piling on the home projects.

artw, set up a rainbow tank. Then I can tap you for advice.

artw

the filter I am looking at right now that is sitting in the empty tank on my living room floor is a Fluval 304.  I also have a Vortex diatom filter and a box of parts.   I have absolutely know idea how this works.  I also have a garden hose which appears to have python type attachments on it.  I dont want to use garden hose tho so I'll hop over to the Home Depot Aquarium Supply Section and pick up some replacement PVC hose.

No decision yet, prolly just head to Montreal and see whats pickins.  Thanks Fishycanuck for the scuzzy yucky filter media offer.

babblefish1960

Good luck with your newly acquired chunk of glass real estate, and up the humidity in your place by filling it with water. :lol:

RoxyDog

Home Depot has an aquarium supply section?

you're tank is still empty? that's just a sad sight to behold, no tank should ever be, *gasp* empty! :shock:
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Taylor56

does anyone have a good tank for my leopard gecko i have 1 but gettting more. i want about a 20g, 25g, or 33g

Seanc

taylor, you should start a new topic in the classifides section. what yuo did is called thread jaking, and is usualy shunned upon.

i didn't know that home depot had an aquarium section eather.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: "Seanc"

I think it was a joke...

luvfishies

Quote from: "PaleoFishGirl"
Quote from: "Seanc"

I think it was a joke...

Of course they do! Lights, hosing (in the plumbing section), lighting fixtures, silicone, powerbars, extension cords, etc etc etc

;) ;) ;)

artw

as luvfishies just indicated, I dropped $71.62 on various hose couplings, fittings, tubing,  pvc pipe, adapters, valves, paint, mineral spirits,  paintbrush...
now I gotta hit walmart for a drain and fill kit,  and go buy buckets and bottlebrushes.. and I already stepped in a puddle of water. Ah its good to be back :D

Seanc

ohhhhh. yeah i go to home depot all the time for aquarium stuff. just got the vent to get rid off all that hot air from my MH's, and i have got alot of wood, for various aquarium related things, definetly a handy place, plus its realy close to BA's innis, costco, princess auto, rona, and Wendys.

RoxyDog

pvc pipe? paint?  If this aquarium stuff...I have a lot to learn!?  :)

I couldn't find the drain & fill kit at Walmart, and they looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked for it...but you can find it at the waterbed place across the street from St Laurent mall.

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

artw

well the pvc pipe is actually a short threaded tube that goes on to the end of the DIY python,  which sits in the tank as I fill it and doesn't flop around.   it also can double as something I can drag around above the gravel to suck up dirt.  the gravel vac that came with the tank is too short and lightweight to support itself on the edge of the tank when filling
and the paint of course is for the stand. I have to repaint it, its quite ugly and dirty right now.

artw

for those of you following my progress in the chat room, the 90 is one step closer to fish.   the flourite is really cloudy.  we'll see how the magnum 350 does with it overnight

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Nice, but what manner of fish are you going to be putting in there? And where is the obligatory cat to perch on the chair and watch the fish all day? And what the heck does one do in a chat room anyway?

artw

24 hours later, and the feline is nowhere to be found

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

You should get a tuxedo cat or a calico, the fish will love it, and I just recognized the piece of wood as the one I was so desperately trying to buy you moneybags thingy you. If it bores you or doesn't go with the fishies ideas of decorating, call me and I will rescue you from it. ;)

artw

the tank, 1 month later.  once my new light arrives next week everything should start filling in nicely.  however the standard fluorescents seem to be working quite well.
http://artw.myvnc.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album23

PaleoFishGirl

You have a clown loach in with RoxyDog's snails?  :o :o :o

;)

Nice pics!

RoxyDog

he has already felt the wrath PFG!  clown loach, I just can't believe it...I'm not sure I can even look at the pics of the tank.