New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Februrary OVAS Library News Letters

Started by washefuzzy, February 20, 2009, 08:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

February
OVAS  Library's News Letter

Hello OVAS members
Very soon we will be into March and the Giant OVAS Auction March 1rst. Hope to see all of you there.

Before the Giant Auction we have our February 23rd meeting. Our speaker will be Mr. Tom Mason presenting "The fish of Cano Palma Tortuguero, Costa Rica". This presentation promises to be very interesting and entertaining.

I will be bringing the following books to the meeting. These books can be borrowed with a $5 deposit on each book. You can also put on hold any of the books and pick them up at the meeting, at the breakfast at Summerhayes or at my place.

Cichlid Aquarium
C The Journals of Aquatic Science, Travel and Adventure, Anthony Calfo – 5 copies
Caribbean Reef Fishes
Handbook of Fish Diseases
Ocean World Frozen Seas, DVD
The New Aquarium Handbook
Guppies-The Guide to Owning
The Barbs Aquarium
Video for a successful Terrarium

The library also contains many other subjects. There are many books on cichlids, fresh water fish, salt water fish, some plant books, a couple of books on diseases, fish atlases and also books on invertebrates.

If you check under "About OVAS" on the left hand side of the page you will find the OVAS Library's site with a list of most of the books we have. I'm still in the process of updating it.

Need any questions answered, looking for a specific book or information just PM me and I will do my best to help you out.

Joyce Landry
OVAS Librarian.