New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Website Downtime

Started by darkdep, November 10, 2006, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

All,

The forum will be offline for an undetermined period of time tonight for a software upgrade.  The site will be down sometime after 11pm and will likely be unavailable for several hours.

APW

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

SuperT

well there go my plans for an all nighter here on the forums. I was going to try to catch up to time online by babblefish ;D

Terry

babblefish1960

The APW is doing necessary stuff, but the timing sucks, vampyre hours are what I keep, at night anyway, and superT, I'd have to be dead for a while for you to catch that number. :D

darkdep

Our upgrade is now complete.  You may notice a few website elements are sized incorrectly or missing for the next day or two; this is due to a massive number of code changes I need to redo. 

We now have much better protection against spambots.

babblefish1960

(in the voice of Elvis Presley of course)

Thank you, thank you very much.

Will you be shutting down the site to augment the recoding?

Good job Mister APW sir, hopefully no more spam bots eh?

sas

busdriver

I wish I had of looked here first, it might have saved some embarrassment on my part.

Iceman

Hey bus baby, can I call you bus baby? Stop beating yourself up over a minor issue. Listen Terry baby, can I call you Terry baby? My whole life is an embarrassment. Just ask my dog, Riley baby, can I call him Riley baby?

One thing I have learned, well probably thing only thing I've learned, certainly never learned algebra, is the folks here are extremely forgiving.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: Iceman on November 11, 2006, 07:41:42 PM
One thing I have learned, well probably thing only thing I've learned, certainly never learned algebra, is the folks here are extremely forgiving.

I sure hope so, because I screw up *a lot* :D

babblefish1960

Oh man ice baby, can I call you ice baby? I've a good mind to ask your riley dog just how embarrassing your life really is currently. Being a dog, I'm sure he could be bribed.

Pity you didn't learn algebra, you know you need it everyday, just like your mathematics teacher tried to explain to you all those years ago.

As for bus boy, the forgivable lesson here would be to read a bit before posting new threads that already exist ;)
The intention was never to cause embarrassment; written communication is often prey to misunderstanding and misreading.  No worries.

Iceman

Quote from: babblefish1960 on November 11, 2006, 08:26:41 PM
Oh man ice baby, can I call you ice baby? I've a good mind to ask your riley dog just how embarrassing your life really is currently. Being a dog, I'm sure he could be bribed.

Pity you didn't learn algebra, you know you need it everyday, just like your mathematics teacher tried to explain to you all those years ago.

Okay we've taken this thread way off topic. So I'll continue. Only Riley baby can call me ice baby, yes he talks, to me anyway. He was trained by me so he has my attitude. Just show him a beer and he'll talk forever.

Well I suppose everyone here can call me ice baby, it's better then what my mom calls me.  ;D

Did I mention my math teaher was hot that year? 

As for bus baby and Terry baby, are they really the same person?, and can we really add the extension baby?. I suggest we rag said member for a week or two just to make bus/Terry baby feel at home.

Lord knows I've felt the love.  ;)

babblefish1960

Hottest math teacher I ever had was calculus, boy did I ever learn differentials.

What sort of beer does Riley the talking dog like?

What does your mother call you?

What is your favourite colour?

Where is the love?

Ice, you are weirder than me! ;D

Iceman

Quote from: babblefish1960 on November 11, 2006, 09:28:25 PM
Ice, you are weirder than me! ;D

WOW! That is one serious complement.

As to your questions, in order: Guinness, can't be said on a family site( let's just say it involves body parts), black with a white top, and finally, oops can't say right now, Riley is watching me type.

busdriver