New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Salty Sundays - a fun and lighthearted meeting of minds Sundays from 10am-noon

Started by alongfortheride, April 08, 2010, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holachicka

Oh snap...buttertarts!? Yah yah, those buttertarts will be fan-flipin-tastic :)
Look forward to seeing good people and Tim, glad to hear it :)

dan2x38

If someone is interested I can bring some cheato for free to SS. LMK
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ordi260

Ill take a handful for sure!  Wanted to mod an AC110 or 70 into a fuge but they are too big for my 20g tank...ill mod a 50 instead...its kind of small but i guess its gonna be OK...so yeah ill take about a tennis ball size please  8)

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

ordi260

Oh yeah and ill try to bring some goodies for breakfast too!!! 

Ill try not to sleep through my alarm this time so i have time to make some!!!  ;)

[li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Tyler and Matt told me about a kind of frozen food the clowns were crazy about...something you guys give them...i forgot the name of it...can someone tell me what it is???

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

ordi260

Quote from: Tyler.L on May 15, 2010, 10:39:58 AM
crack

Alright...ill mark that down on my shopping list for tomorrow...do you guys have any in stock  ;D

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

Tyler.L

its nutramar ova and i dont think there is any instock my friend

Severum

Isn't that Rod's Food?
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=39956.msg235890#msg235890

Then again Tyler refers to many things as crack - nutramar ova, rod's food, his plumbers butt, etc.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

alongfortheride

It is the Nutrimar Ova and we have lots still in stock :)
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=44642.0

See everyone tomorrow at S.S. :)
Buttertarts are being baked tonight.

dan2x38

Quote from: alongfortheride on May 15, 2010, 12:00:05 PM
See everyone tomorrow at S.S. :)
Buttertarts are being baked tonight.

crossing fingers for peacans... hint-hint... LMAO
Voltaire:

alongfortheride

I will be making a mix of Raisin, Pecan and plain (especially for Tim).
But you may have to arm wrestle Patrick for the Pecan ones Dan ;)

dan2x38

Quote from: alongfortheride on May 15, 2010, 03:28:55 PM
I will be making a mix of Raisin, Pecan and plain (especially for Tim).
But you may have to arm wrestle Patrick for the Pecan ones Dan ;)

I am old but still have some strength for the young whiper snapper... ;)
Voltaire:

redbelly

Dan, you may only have some pecan butter tarts if you pronounce pecan properly, aka with a snouty british accent.
If you pronounce it like like an american - pee can, you will be banned for Trina butter tarts for life! :P

Weather is absolutely amazing today so it looks like it will be an awsome day for SS!

holachicka

Agreed - weather is amazing and was perfect for SS!!!

As for the Pahcan buttertarts - OMG, they were too die for....and too bad everyone ate them all before I could have more than 1...oh well, maybe next time I can have a few more...  ;)

redbelly

With the weather improving so much its about time that we start our tank build demo, if people are interested that is.

The idea would be that every week we would spend a few min to do one step of a full tank build. This would include drilling, plumbing, aqua scaping, everything. Start to finish. It wouldnt be a lot of time, maybe 20 min max so dont worry it wont cut into everyones social time and we can do it on one side of the patio so those that are not interested in a tank setup demo can continue to socialize.

I think we will build up a tank around either 40g or 75g.

So are people interested?

Severum

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

ordi260

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

dan2x38

Pat if you like I can see about bringing my tank before the weekend and get you to drill it if you want to demonstrate that? If not this weekend the one after is OK too. Then the week after I'll be installing my coast to coast 'V' style wouldn't mind leaving it for the week since I won't be adding the plumbing for another week or two due to cost. I'd get the glass cut and bring with the silicone I am using black as the glass will be smoked to hide the bulkheads.

I will also be painting the back of this tank so a few stages of a build sitting on your door step... ;) so to speak.

LMK
Voltaire: