New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Salty Sundays - a fun and lighthearted meeting of minds Sundays from 10am-noon

Started by alongfortheride, April 08, 2010, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

By DIY I actually meant a retro kit, I'd be scared to do total DYI lighting.  :-[  

Just wondered if you would go that way or use a fancy shiny light type thing.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

redbelly

The icecap retro system which is by far the best is literally plug and play, but yeah we could easily do a lighting day to show how to put up several different types of lighting in one day. Its just not much to really show for the day but thats fine, more social time!

I really only got one butter tart and no hot dog, but thats cause I was busy talking too much :)
Yeah hopefully Trina will make some more this weekend.

If anyone else wants to bring a snack of food they are more than welcome too as well!

Lets see if someone can make some better desert rolls than Tyler.

I know Tyler was talking about a JERK chicken cook off, what did he call it again?....

dan2x38

Quote from: holachicka on May 19, 2010, 09:15:47 AM
Dan - Thanks to you and a few other greedy people, I only got to eat ONE buttertart....sigh...oh well, Thank goodness Trina will be making more this weekend seeing she did not even get to try one :D :D

As for the tankbuild and raffle...I CALL IT!!! It will be mine....all mine!!! YAH - I will finally, after 6 months, have a tank again!!! yu-pie!

Tyler........nah, forget it!

Just like the butter tarts I will beat you to the punch... LOL I said I had 10 now I think of it I think it was 12... ROTFL

Maybe this SS I will bring something special? ;)

OH maybe she counts like this - one - another one and another one and another one = one yeah that's it... ;) LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

redbelly

Yeah Dan, if you could bring somethingthat would be great.

I know Alex brought some cookies last weekend that were pretty tasty!

Hookup

PHOTOS?  WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS?

(I think it's awesome that I can do that to someone elses thread)  :) ;D ;) :D :) ;D ;D

redbelly

Severum

Quote from: Hookup on May 20, 2010, 02:15:56 PM
PHOTOS?  WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS?

Agreed. I'm still waiting for the one of Hookup which with I will create a side by side comparison of his Hollywood look alike!
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

holachicka

Severum will be bringing burgers - hells yah baby!!!

As for all of those NOT FUNNY accusations about me having more than 1 buttertart...pouf, all lies I tell you...unless you have any pictures, you can't prove a thing!!!!!!

JD

Quote from: holachicka on May 20, 2010, 04:08:11 PM
As for all of those NOT FUNNY accusations about me having more than 1 buttertart...pouf, all lies I tell you...unless you have any pictures, you can't prove a thing!!!!!!

Waaaaaah!

alongfortheride

Looking forward to S.S tomorrow morning.
Buttertarts are baked and ready for consumption - so Holachicka and Severum, you better show up early or you risk missing out ;)
Looking forward to Hamburgers from Severum and Sausages from Dan....
I think it will be a GREAT long weekend S.S!

dan2x38

I will be there before HChicka... LOL so she better not complain if she only gets 6 or 7 butter tarts (again)... LMAO x1,000 Repeat after me, "Pea-Con" ;)

Other note I got a crap load of cheato still - Who wants some FF? I will check before I leave for replies.
Voltaire:

Tyler.L

dan i say bring a bunch of it and leave it because after everyone leaves people still keep coming looking for cheato so it will move in the day regardless so might as well bring a bunch my man

holachicka

Ok, so, I showed up AFTER Dan and still got my fill....yum yum yum, those buttertarts are freakin' awesome, thanks Trina!!!! And Dan, those sausages were wicked good, spicy yet really tasty :)

Again, always super friendly and a great time was had!

I look forward to a full summers worth of these great get togethers :)

dan2x38

Wow what a tank build talk today! Really got a lot out of it did all the rest of you? ;)

Yes - HChicka those sausages were freakin' hot! I didn't stop sweating for an hour and half afterwards! BUT I'd have had another if you hadn't eatten the last one... :( LOL Just teasin' ya. If I wasn't picking on you I'd being picking on Tyler!  ;D Those burgs you guys brought sure looked good. I was to full from all the butter tarts I ate to have any room for one.  :o
Voltaire:

ordi260

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

ordi260

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

alongfortheride

Ok, so I have been behind on posting pictures from the past few Salty Sundays - but check them out below and on Facebook - feel free to tag yourself :)

Vincenzo.

lol@me in some of those.

jamie & taryn had a good laugh.

im sure ill be by tomorrow...im expecting the finest Kona Coffee. :D

redbelly

Nice see you tomorrow vince!
Its a Cuba coffee this week too btw. We have been out of the Kona for a while but yeah the Cuba coffee is really nice too.

We got a gazebo thing this week so we are well protected from both a light rain and the sun now on the patio!
Now we just need some more chairs....

Oh if anyone has an chaeto could you please bring it for Rodney. He needs literally as much as he can get!