New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Salty Sundays - a fun and lighthearted meeting of minds Sundays from 10am-noon

Started by alongfortheride, April 08, 2010, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrt

Over Carp river
and to WildWoods
to Salty brunch we go.

The GPS knows the way
to carry the sleigh. . . OK, that all I've got.

Brunch sounds fine. Stephen is in Waterloo this weekend and will not be joining us.

See you Sunday.  John T

dan2x38

Will check with the wife see if she wants to go? Anyone talk non-fish to her?  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

alongfortheride

Were you wondering where we went?
Well, first MACNA 2010 in Orlando, check out some pics at;
http://reefwholesale.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1488
Then, Patrick and I took a much deserved vacation to Hawaii :)
But to see those pics and snorkeling videos you will have to come out to Salty Sundays ;)

Yup, that's right - Salty Sundays is still  happening!
We may have closed the retail side of our business, but Patrick and I are still happy and eager to share our love of aquatic life with fellow hobbyists.

In case you are new to the Salty Sundays idea - just bring yourself over to our patio between 10am-noon on Sunday for some fresh coffee, baked goods made by me and some great conversation - some fishy related and some not.
This weekend we will be featuring a Hawaiian grown coffee for everyone to sample - MMmmmm!

Young and old are welcome - hope to see everyone this weekend!
You are of course welcomed and encouraged to bring some tastey treats to Salty Sundays as well.

redbelly

We will have to watch the weather forcast though because if its like today we would end up with a Soggy Sundays get together ;P

holachicka

have you ever thought of maybe making it a little later?! I mean, it would sooo not be to accomodate  me becacuse I have never had problem with making it on time....but maybe for those who have a hard time making it on time due to staying up till 4am playing Catan or Starcraft 2 :)

ordi260

Haha nice Starcraft 2 and Catan  8)

I have a test on sunday  ???   So i might me able to make it to be there around 11 if the test is easy  :-\

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Severum

Forecast for this weekend looks good. Its just getting out of bed thats the issue.

Odri, PM me your Starcraft info (if you have it). I'm tired of teaming up with noobs like Tyler and carrying them on my back all game.  ;D
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

holachicka

oh god, why did I even say anything....hopefully this wont turn into a geekfest! ;)

ordi260

[li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
[/list]

holachicka

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...*gasps for air*...noooooooooooooooooooooooo

dan2x38

God what a bunch of Geeks... LMAO I perfer turned based games takes a little more thought...  :P Right alongfortheride8)

Yeah later would be cool.... I will miss it again my son made the A team - so proud of that kid!!! he's worked so damn hard to make it... oh sorry proud father blowing his son's horn... back on track... Any ways hockey is here he has an exhibition game Sunday morning not available until after 11:30am and sure would like to attend... also love to taste that fresh Hawaiian coffee!!!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

redbelly

Quote from: 10gnano on September 29, 2010, 01:15:43 PM
are you still selling frags??
We dont sell frags, corals, drygoods or anything at all in any way anymore.

BUT other hobbiests are more than welcome to bring frags and such to trade or sell. If your looking for something just post it up!

I actually am looking for some pulsing xenia.

alongfortheride

Dan - I am sure we will still be around after 11:30am :)
Especially cause I think Jessie and Vafa won't be in till around that time ;)

We have LOTS of Hawaiin coffee and I am sure we can brew some next weekend as well.

10gallon nano - as Patrick mentioned, we no longer sell ANY items retail, but you are definitely more than welcome to do some frag swapping at S.S. if people want.

Any requests for specific tastey Trina treats this weekend?
I know I love your homemade cookies Jessie ;)

ordi260

[li]
    [li]
[/list]

alongfortheride

Quote from: dan2x38 on September 29, 2010, 02:07:41 PM
God what a bunch of Geeks... LMAO I perfer turned based games takes a little more thought...  :P Right alongfortheride8)

Yeah I do have to admit that Civilizations and Final Fantasy are my games of choice.
However, I have avoided some of the online games cause I am worried I would like them too much ;)

alongfortheride

Thanks for a GREAT Salty Sundays guys!
I especially love the impromtu location change to Coras - that was a 4 hours Salty Sundays! Our longest yet!

10gnano

well that sucks that you guys got out of the business. me and a crew of salties were planning on coming up from the valley

alongfortheride

You guys are more than welcome to come by Salty Sundays and then head off to some of the Ottawa Valley stores :) The more the merrier at S.S.:)
Just always make sure to check in before you come down for S.S. There is always the occaisional weekend (like thanksgiving) that we will not be around due to family commitments.