New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Salty Sundays - a fun and lighthearted meeting of minds Sundays from 10am-noon

Started by alongfortheride, April 08, 2010, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alongfortheride

Do any of the below describe you?

1) When you take a whiff of a half full skimmer and instead of squinting your eyes and pulling your head back,you go in for a second sniff.
2) Staring directly into a 250W metal halide light no longer hurts your eyes.
3) Saying flasher wrasse doesnt make you giggle anymore *if you didn't laugh at that one, say flasher wrasse really slowly.
4) The directions to your house involve "turn left and as you are driving up look for the house with blue glowing windows - you can't miss it".
5) When people have conversations and a word like flower pot or leather comes up, the first thing that comes to your mind are different kinds of coral.
6) You wait an hour after your lights go out so you can grab a flash light and see whats crawling around in your tank after dark.
7) You ask for coral as part of your birthday or Christmas gifts.
8 ) You are most proud of your children not because they sing like Broadway stars or speak, read and write multiple languages, but because they are more interested in staring at the refugium/sump than at the tank and will regale any and all visitors with the names of all the animals in the tank before scurrying off to play dress up.

Then come to Salty Sundays!
From 10am-12 noon @ 70 Laurel St. Unit A to enjoy some casual chat with Ottawa Valley Reefers.

Bring your frags, or just come out for some good old fashioned chat.

Coffee will be served, as well as some home made goods made by Trina (aka alongfortheride) and the grill will be turned on for some hot dogs at 11:30am.

*this is not an official OVAS event.*

alongfortheride

Now a facebook group!
Check out photos from the weekend, be reminded of upcoming seminars, etc by joining ;)

Search "Salty Sundays" let the admin (me) know your online user name and we will approve your request to join - simple as that :)

Hookup

alongfortheride

Quote from: Nelson on April 08, 2010, 05:41:52 PM
Link doesn't seem to work Trina.....Nelson

Yeah I can't figure out how to link it, but search Salty Sundays and I will add you to the group Nelson :)

holachicka

Quote from: Hookup on April 08, 2010, 05:45:33 PM
Wooo Hooo... must be official... you're on FACEBOOK!

Yah - and now that I have joined the group, it's officially the COOLEST group to be part of on The Facebook!!!

Hookup

holachicka

holachicka

HomerJ

Not fair!!!  Another Sunday with too much to do and too little time.  I will try to go in the next few weeks.

ordi260

It was my first ss and it was so friendly and interesting! Thanks to pat and trina!

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

93GTCANADA

I made a quick stop. Sorry if I wasn't that friendly and seemed out of it was hungover big time from 2 open bar parties this weekend.  :D

alongfortheride

Another great morning of Coffee, chatting...and homemade icecream ;)
Thanks for being such troupers guys and toughing it out in the cold and squishing inside when we gave up hope for warmer weather :)
Let's keep our fingers crossed for sunshine for next weekend!

[attachment deleted by admin]

salvini55

thats it! im comming next week! Ive put it off WWWAYYYYYY too long

Severum

Quote from: ciaus on April 11, 2010, 11:43:26 PM
Got to put some faces to online names

Ya, too bad it was one sided Mr Coat Cover Up!

Regards,
Steve
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef