New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Jack Daniels Distillery Tour

Started by ajm1961, March 16, 2012, 07:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Heads-up that if ever you wanted to get a "tour" of JD's amazing distillery, it will be shown this weekend on the National Geographic Channel - look for "Ultimate Factories". It is playing several times over the weekend.
I was fortunate enough to go there in person a few years ago, and it is quite the operation. And the whiskey of course is world class!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Hookup

Most days Jack and I get along great....  But some days he's Mr Daniels.  Usually in the mornings.

I'd love to take that tour in person....lucky.

Saltcreep

I must admit, I have a pretty good relationship with Jack too. I've found 40 Creek to be a pleasant Canadian substitute, for my palette anyway. Haven't tried the new JD Gold yet, but I plan to.

Sorry, I think I'm pulling this thread off the rails.

Saltcreep

Hookup

Quote from: Saltcreep on March 17, 2012, 01:58:46 PM
I must admit, I have a pretty good relationship with Jack too. I've found 40 Creek to be a pleasant Canadian substitute, for my palette anyway. Haven't tried the new JD Gold yet, but I plan to.

Sorry, I think I'm pulling this thread off the rails.

No sir!

Gentlemen Jack is my preferred drink...  If you've not tried it I highly recommend it

Saltcreep

Quote from: Hookup on March 17, 2012, 08:22:16 PM
No sir!

Gentlemen Jack is my preferred drink...  If you've not tried it I highly recommend it
I have, and found it to be excellent, as one would expect.

brotherluv

Do u guys drink it straight or mix? 

JetJumper

Mixed.. I can't handle anything (30%+) straight other then tequila..
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

ajm1961

I like Gentleman Jack's or the Single Barrel on occasion as a sipping drink, like scotch. But I've grown fond of good Ol Number 7, either straight or mixed with cola.
Watched the show tonight, brought back some fond memories of Lynchburg Tennessee. I highly recommend the tour.
Now, back to Jack!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Hookup

Mostly mixed with a generous splash of ginger ale   I like to taste the whiskey...   Lots of big ice cubes too

Saltcreep

Usually, over a couple of rocks. Sometimes with a splash, just a wee splash, of Coke, still on the rocks. Sometimes I store the bottlle in the freeezer: then it's sippn' straight.