New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello everyone!

Started by RKbusy, December 08, 2010, 05:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RKbusy

I'm fairly new to the hobby, but I feel like I'm hooked already.  :P I currently have a 20 gallon planted betta sorority, and a 15 gallon planted tank with a single betta, 6 cardinals, and a handful of cherry shrimp which seem to multiply and disappear on a daily basis! (I blame it on Mr. Betta.)

And I'm VERY excited to say... I've managed to get my mum hooked as well! LOL. She just purchased a 38 gallon, so I was hoping to get some suggestions on what we could stock it with. We'd like to stick to freshwater for now. I was thinking a pair of angels some time in the future, but a school of cardinals, or rummy-nose tetras... or maybe even a pair of German Rams would be lovely in the short-term!

Oh! And of course, plant suggestions please?

Outside of my new-found love for all things aquarium-related, I'm an avid rat-lover, and am the 'mom' of 8 lovely rats. I took every one of them in as lonely single boys who were being given away or abandoned somewhere. These rats will stay with me until they pass away.

If ANYONE is looking to adopt a pair, trio, or group of male rats, there are 6 available who are between the ages of 3-4 months and desperately looking for homes. They are all shy, not yet too certain about human contact, but sweet and curious. Send me a PM, and we could definitely arrange something. The rats are always for free as long as you can prove to me that you will give them the loving home they deserve! I have pictures. :)

Thanks!

Saltcreep

Welcome aboard.

Can't say I'm much of a rat person myself, but they are kinda cute.

ordi260

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

White Lightning

Welcome aboard! I really like your fourth pic of the betta. Good shot!

As for fish suggestions.....I can't help you out too much because I am not sure about fish/plant compatability.

sas

Welcome to the forum portion of OVAS :).
Lots of great info here as well as very helpful people that would just love
to give you ideas on what to stock a tank with, fish as well as plants :).

Lovely bettas, and the rats are cute as well.