New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS elections 2018-2019

Started by charlie, May 06, 2018, 09:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

it's election season once more for OVAS.  The OVAS Elections will take place at the beginning of the second May meeting in which you can vote in the Executive Members for the 2018/2019season.  We look forward to seeing some new volunteers out to help with the running of the club.  If you enjoy the club's activities, have some new ideas, or just want to be available to assist, it would be greatly appreciated if you ran for one of the many positions that are available. Persons interested in running should be at the meeting.

Some extra info about the OVAS Executive you may want to know:

• Executive meetings usually take place in the second week of each month.  Exact date and location is TBD the week prior.
• Being on the executive isn't hard or scary
• The current executives will be available to help you if needed
• The Giant Auction is probably the only event in which requires the most planning.  Additional volunteers are sought out to help run the Giant Auction.
• The season starts on September 1st and ends on August 31st.  Nothing really happens from June to August except for the possibility of a BBQ.
• OVAS Members must be in good standing to run for an executive position
• Your membership will be paid for by the club

To run for a position, please nominate yourself in this thread by posting the following.• The position for which you are running for
• If possible, a brief summary as to why you would be a good candidate for that particular position
• Any other info that is relevant
• If you are currently an Executive Member, please state your intentions as well if you have not already done so
Thank you for your time and consideration.

I`ll start , i will be running for President again, freeing up my Monday nights will allow me to dedicate and contribute more time to the club
Regards Errol/AKA" charlie"
I urge the current Exec. to post their intent so the membership are aware , hopefully we have some new blood stepping up , it is much needed.

matttimms49

I would like to continue on as the Online Presence chair and also put my self forward for the Sponsorship chair.

After working with the current sponsorship chair this season, I have helped to bring a few LFS sponsorships for the current season and have got a few on for next season already. I have also begun discussions with the remaining stores to get them involved again next season. I would also like to continue on as online presence chair, as I believe it is a good way to network with other potential affiliates and club sponsors. I have already begun to create good relationships through the OVAS Facebook and Instagram pages and with the current upgrades to the website and forum, it would be great to continue in the role to keep it moving in a good direction.

I feel I can manage the responsibility of the two roles. sponsorship already has a small head start on next season and I feel that the online presence can work alongside sponsorship to encourage potential sponsors going forward and generally help to share and network this great hobby we all love.

Cheers,
Matt

th3budd

I'm prepared to serve another term as webmaster.

Jody

Hi everyone,

I would like to continue on next season as Vice President, as well as continue on with the newsletters and breeder awards programs.

Jody

tanksalot360

Greetings,
I'm happy to stay on as Membership chair into the 2018-2019 season. We've had a great membership turn out this season and I would like to take part in seeing this continue.
Liam

Box Jockey

Hi all,

I'm interested in running for the treasurer or club clerk positions. I have a lot of energy and fresh ideas to bring to the club, I would love the opportunity to give back as well.

Thanks
Keith Simon
"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

Dxpert

Hi everyone, I am interested in continuing on for another term as treasurer.

-Mike

Gilbotron

I am interested in continuing on as Program Chair.