New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fish and Plant Auction... What are you bringing?

Started by Jody, November 17, 2023, 11:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hi All,

I hope everyone is getting excited about the upcoming fish and plant auction on Nov 27th

OVAS will be ordering almost $500 worth of fish to put in the auction, with some great selection of less common things. A few teaser items are (depending on final availability)

King Koopa Nerite Snails
Checkerboard cichlids - new variety
Fancy plecos
Red fin red phantom tetras
lava snails
some rare varieties of cories

plus a bunch of other goodies.

Jody

Jody

Hi All,

I got the fish in for the auction today. Everything looks amazing, but we had a few changes due to availability.

No checkboard cichlids or king koopa nerites

We did get a few Apistogramma sp Cana Iraca.
These were caught by Spencer Jack and his group down in Columbia recently, and he brought them back.
There is essentially no real info on them, except that they may be the same as Apistogramma cf. sp. D12.
I can only find pictures of the Apistogramma sp. D12 (no cf), and they are gorgeous, but I am not sure if these are the same.
 What I can find out is that they are part of the MacMasteri complex and Hoignei subcomplex.
It will be interesting to see what they turn out to be.

Jody

Apistogramma sp Cana Iraca

noahcw

Quote from: Jody on November 21, 2023, 03:52:51 PMHi All,

I got the fish in for the auction today. Everything looks amazing, but we had a few changes due to availability.

No checkboard cichlids or king koopa nerites

We did get a few Apistogramma sp Cana Iraca.
These were caught by Spencer Jack and his group down in Columbia recently, and he brought them back.
There is essentially no real info on them, except that they may be the same as Apistogramma cf. sp. D12.
I can only find pictures of the Apistogramma sp. D12 (no cf), and they are gorgeous, but I am not sure if these are the same.
 What I can find out is that they are part of the MacMasteri complex and Hoignei subcomplex.
It will be interesting to see what they turn out to be.

Jody

Apistogramma sp Cana Iraca

Super cool, Wish i had more room for the apistos. Sorry to hear about the king koopas though.

Jody

One of the really special things that OVAS has to bring is the L397 pleco, Alenquer/Tangerine tiger pleco.
We have a few of them, so this is an amazing opportunity to get a nice little group of rare and gorgeous little plecos. They are selling for $50-70 online, so hopefully we can get a good value to raise funds for the club.

Jody

Aquaviewer

This is looking like a great event.  Thanks Jodi for bringing in some spice to add to the excitement of the bidding :) .

I'm going through the fish room and intending to bring in some groups of dwarf rainbows, corys and Killifish.  I'll see what else might be ready to go - barbs, plecos. Also never pass up an opportunity to do some plant thinning so I'll contribute a selection of stem plant bunches, bucce, bolbitis, cryts, anubias and swords.

Looking forward to it!

Chris 
Rainbows, plecos, corydoras, killifish, Apistogramma

limmer

I will try and bring some African cichlids.
Juveniles and maybe some adults.