New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Annual BBQ Pig Roast!

Started by Fishnut, May 16, 2012, 07:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

Where: Andrew Haydon Park - The Bandshell

When: June 24th 2012 rain or shine.  Festivities begin at 11:00am and continue until the pig is ready to eat...whenever that may be!  Please bring your own chair if you have one to bring.

Cost:  If you're a paid OVAS member, it free!  If you're not a paid member, there is a $5 entrance fee per person.  It's also an optional potluck, so the more people who volunteer to bring something, the better it will be!

Schedule:

9:30 - 10:00am: Country Roasters will be setting up and starting to cook the pig.

11:00 - 12:30: Bunky the Clown will be painting faces and making balloon animals
                               http://www.caricaturesandclowns.com/

1:00 - Whenever the pig is ready:  Urban Static will take the stage for a few sets and we will be giving out the awards for fish breeders and volunteers between the sets.

We'll have door prizes, kids' loot bags and LOADS of fishy talk so please join us!

I hope to see everyone there!

Fishnut

I'll be bringing a tray of brownies!

Nerine

Address for the park: 3169 Carling Avenue (at Holly Acres), Ottawa, Ontario
also - FREE PARKING!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Feivel

Count me in ... 2 adults and a 4 year old girl.

What should I bring?

Renewing my membership at the bbq.

Cheers

2075turner

My family and I will be there.  2 adults and 2 kiddos.  I will bring a tray of veggies/dip

Nerine

In case you wanted to check out Country Roasters: www.countryroasters.com

They have done a fantastic job each year we've had them!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Nerine

Errr is anyone else coming??? :P Usually this thread is a mile long with people RSVP'ing!! the event is only a couple weeks away...

ajm1961

Sylvie, Chloe (8) and I will attend!
We'll bring... something - chips and pretzels? Or maybe some coleslaw?

Anyone else coming? Let us know!
The roast pig is fabulous!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

touchofsky

My husband and I will be attending.  Not sure yet what we will bring, though  :)
Valerie

robt18

I'll be there! I'll bring some kind of munchy food with me and possibly another person.

bizfromqc

Yep, I'll be there. Sorry about the late reply  ;)
No clue what to bring though, thoughts?

Fishnut

Shawn84

I'll b there maybe +2. I'll bring a fruit plate.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

bitterman

I will be there +3  (Wife, 7 year old boy and 4 year old girl)

Hopefully there will be kids for them to play with.

FYI: Anyone that has not been there before if you have comping chairs its a good idea to bring them to ensure you have a seat for the day!

Bruce

silverhorns

morrie & myrna will be there so add 2 adults

Nerine

Salads are good, side dishes, a jar of pickles would be appreciated too :D hehe anything really that you would enjoy at a bbq!! with pulled pork sandwiches :)

I will bring cookies or some other non perishable as I will be in town super early that morning and will have nowhere to keep things cool! :(

Also - there will be some of us at the park at 9amish....if anyone wants to join us and the kiddies for fun :)

charlie

I will be there
not sure what i will bring as yet.
Errol

Fishnut

If someone has a costco membership, we could always use a nice big bag of buns to go with the pork!

I also added an update on the activities.  Keep checking back as things are getting finalized this week.

Feivel

Ill grab 2-3 different small block of cheese.
Again +2  , girlfriend and 4 year old daughter (well 4 in july but she looks and is as smart as a 6 year old she is so adorable :-)

Where are the updates?

Thanks cheers

bizfromqc

Anyone bringing Macaroni Salad yet? If not, I'll bring some.

Maybe we should update the original post with a list of what people are bringing and/or what is missing so people have an idea what to bring? Just a thought...

Eric