New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ovas needs some help with membership drives this September!

Started by bitterman, August 08, 2012, 11:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

come on out to the Ottawa farmers market on Bronson Ave. today ( Sunday)support your local farmers & your only local fish club, lets chat , put some names to the on line handles, excellent for those who find Monday night meetings difficult to attend- C U there 9-2

ajm1961

Here the link to the map if you don't know where this is:

http://goo.gl/maps/Tw0VM

Brewer Park, located on Sloan Ave. parallel to Bronson Ave. just south of Sunnyside (across from Carleton University).

Link to Farmer's Market site:
http://www.ottawafarmersmarket.ca/
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

androo303

Quote from: charlie on September 16, 2012, 07:28:34 AM
come on out to the Ottawa farmers market on Bronson Ave. today ( Sunday)support your local farmers & your only local fish club, lets chat , put some names to the on line handles, excellent for those who find Monday night meetings difficult to attend- C U there 9-2

I was in the parking lot at brewer park but couldn't find any spots to park in, while I could have went over to CU, I just wanted to stop in and say a quick hi!

charlie

Yes Andrew the parking was impossible on the market side.
I t was a fun day chatting with the folks as they strolled through the market, a lot of kids dragged their mom & dad over , it was quite interesting talking to a few of them, we also got 99% of the folks we engaged in conversation with never knew that there is an Aquarium club in their own backyard, this confirms that OVAS needs to do a lot of work getting it`s name out there.
We even had a teacher who is starting an Aquarium project next week in her classroom stop by & was quite happy to have discovered OVAS.
Errol

bitterman

Thanks to all those that helped or stopped by to say hi at the membership drives this weekend!

And thanks to Sylvie and Peter for taking care of Az's tomorrow!

Bruce

bitterman

I want to not only thank all the helpers for the membership drives and Sept 22nd meeting but also those wow are supporting ovas with their membership purchases. Ovas is a non-profit organization and the more Ovas Club Membership we have the more the club can do for you!

Regards,
   Bruce