New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Website problems?

Started by squeeker, August 15, 2006, 04:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeeker

I don't know if it's just me or not... but yesterday and today I've been unable to access the website a LOT.  I'll have to refresh 4 or 5 times before the site loads.

artw

I have heard reports of this too, but the site works fine for me here and at home (downtown Bell DSL)

PaleoFishGirl

No problems here at home either (or at work, other than the crappy computer).

apistome

No problems here, magma (Primus) east end

babblefish1960

Oh yeah, it is so not working for me today, frustrating as all get out, succinctfish too.

bitterman

I keep on getting gateway problems, and DNS problems used 2 different machines in 2 different cities (both sympatico dialup)

Bruce

snip
-------
Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
Code (DNS_NO_DATA) Select
The IP address was not found during the DNS lookup. Contact your system administrator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.

apistome

Seems to be a problem exclusive to Sympatico. I just saw the APW and he has not been able to connect to the site either. Praise Magma! ;D

squeeker

Yah, I'm on Sympatico too. 

It just did it to me again.

One thing I notice, though, is that once I'm in, I have no problems.  But if I let it sit idle too long, or close explorer... all hell breaks loose

babblefish1960

Sympatico here, but I'm only getting a couple minutes at a time, and that only every couple of hours, very annoying, but only OVAS, everything else works fine.

darkdep

It is a DNS problem that appears to be specific to Bell Sympatico.

If you get in, your machine caches DNS info so it'll work until you close explorer and the DNS times out.

I've logged tickets with both Bell and Bluehost; we'll see how long it takes to fix.

babblefish1960

Actually, whatever you said there APW, I have only logged 30 minutes today after spending more than twelve hours trying to view pages and post. What a silly waste of time, hopefully your tickets will fix something.

succinctfish

Woohoo,I am online at last, pleeeaassse tell me that this will stop happening :'(
A pox on Sympatico, or whatever is causing this frustrating state.  Here's hoping I can stay on long enough to post this...sigh...

mseguin

THe problem seems to be resolved, it was doing it to me all afternoon, but apparently not any more

babblefish1960

The issue, whatever it is, has certainly not ended here, that is more than fifteen hours now. :P

PaleoFishGirl

I have Sympatico but haven't had any problems.  I'm using Mozilla Firefox, not IE, maybe that helps? I close the browser all the time...

Julie

I haven't had any problems this am but was yesterday with IE accessing this site.

mseguin

Yeah I'm having troubles a little still.
Try using http:\\ovas.ca instead of www.

squeeker

Things are running smoothly for me today... so far.

babblefish1960

Well, after three hours of not getting on today, I should point out that I use firefox, and it just would not start, nor would it start in IE, however, after being on the telephone with a tech from sympatico for the last hour, I can finally see the site. What a nuisance.

artw

it was hit and miss for me today.