New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

yellow card for bad behavior

Started by maitre007, July 11, 2005, 11:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitre007

I know that I have been warned a few times about comments on the discussion board.  And OVAS executive has had to recently banned a couple of members due to harrassing behavior.

I just joined a new discussion board and I found their protocols to be really interesting.  They have a yellow card system whereas people can be suspended for bad comments and whatnot.  

I just thought it was a good idea that maybe the ovas executive committee can peruse through.

Here's the link:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17836

maitre007

hehehehehe

already causing trouble in the other discussion board.  they have all their underwear in a buntch about letting new members start new topics.

i wonder what is their record for the quickest time for a member to have a yellow card.

hehehehehehehehhe

aidensmomma2000

Why cant new members start new topics? That seems counterproductive to an active board...

gvv

And what the point to join in this case?...

maitre007

yeah.  it is quite a snobbish discussion board.  put it this way.  if someone new would put something about malawi cichlids, they would have like 20 people on his back telling him that the subject has already been dealt with and that the person should do his homework before posting something on the discussion board.

granted it seems that me sticking up for myself as started a mini-revolution as a lot of white belts (new members) have started to post new threads.

mseguin

I thought it was a bit odd that the rules had a warning about posting nudity, etc, when the rule poster's avatar was a man firmly grabbing a women's breast. Seems like kinda of a double standard to me.

BigDaddy

Any time a forum start counting posts... users will start counting posts.  And then the forums get full of crap because people, admit it or not, are cognisant of the post count...

I prefer forums where there is no post count.  I have seen some forums where other users rate people... your user rating is on how you are perceived by your peers on the forum.  That, in my humble opinion, is a much more useful stat than a post count.

maitre007

I totally agree and it seems that half the people on that particular discussion boards agree with that.

It seems that most people that the discussion board is divided between user that like to bash new user with those who like to have new user bashers wither away.

artw

I guess leaving and not coming back makes too much sense Erik ?

maitre007

are you kidding me.  

were else will i be able to talk about  my belief that tito ortiz is the best mma out there.  it comes with the territory. and all you have to do is set those new users bashers straight.