New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

405 fluval filter

Started by fyrebull, September 05, 2007, 08:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrebull

The Fluval 405....Does anyone have any experiences this this filter good or bad?, and would anyone recommend it?

Thanks

audioslave_36

I have 10 fluval 404's running for filters on my tanks, I like them, no issues, and they work well. Yes I am over filtering :)  404 is model year before the 405.

RoxyDog

yep, you're talking a colour change and a price hike, that's about it.  :)  'tis a 404 with fancy new pants!   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

fyrebull

Quote from: RoxyDog on September 05, 2007, 09:17:21 AM
yep, you're talking a colour change and a price hike, that's about it.  :)  'tis a 404 with fancy new pants!   ;D

I have a chance to get one at a pretty good price I will let you know if it works out, I have a 403 that works fine just wanted to know if anyone had heard of a problems with the 405 model.

Thanks for the input..... ;)

mseguin

The 405 is also a bit more durable than the 404, some of the parts like the casing have improved quality, if its not much of a price difference mgiht be worth the reduced headache.

RoxyDog

Quote from: mseguin on September 05, 2007, 12:31:26 PM
some of the parts like the casing have improved quality

like I said...fancy new pants.   8)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

mseguin

Well yes, but the fancy pants may prevent water from ending up all over ur floor.

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on September 05, 2007, 02:21:46 PM
Well yes, but the fancy pants may prevent water from ending up all over ur floor.

So waterproof pants?

fyrebull

Quote from: beowulf on September 05, 2007, 03:02:00 PM
So waterproof pants?

Would that be a dry-suit?

Great.....now you have me doing it too..... :D :D :D

audioslave_36

see I told you she was evil  ;D

fyrebull

Picked it up today for $130, took it ALL apart and cleaned it as I do with everything I buy, and it runs great I can not get over how quiet it is compaired to my old 403. I guess I should used my old filter media in the new filter to keep the cycle constant, when I do the switch, right?

audioslave_36

elk

I had a fluval 304 for 8 months and after the fourth cleaning it was leaking at the seam,I returned it to petsmart last week and they gave me a brand new 305 model for free because I still had reciept and they dont sell rplacement parts for the 304 anymore.
The 305 is made a little better and easier to assemble.
Ask me this question again in 8 months.

renadia

I just bought a second hand 55gal that came with a fluval 404, looking into buying a second hand 75gal that also has a fluval 404, I'm not sure on how to maintain them. The lady said she would change the filters when they were dirty 2 at a time so 2 new and 2 old. For the carbon she said to change 1 unit every month. For the white stones she said 1 type once a year and the other I don't remember what she said. Would these be bioballs? I have plastic bioballs in my pond filter. I asked questions at Big Al's and the guy told me they don't sell them. They have something better, but they sell the parts. :-\

BigDaddy

when you come over, renadia, we can discuss  :)

renadia

Quote from: BigDaddy on September 16, 2007, 10:18:38 AM
when you come over, renadia, we can discuss  :)
OK that would be great  :)