New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

going fishing

Started by jon1985, May 04, 2011, 08:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon1985

I recently did a tank swap which included new lights.  All my soft corals seem to be loving the light because they exoand way more then they did before.  Well I guess wit them being puffier, if thats a word, look tastier to my blue throat trigger.

I noticed a few weeks ago he took a chunch out of one of my leathers.  I was going to leave it alone because its a leather and they grow fast, also hoping he would stop there.  But he didnt.  I was feeding the tank last night and noticed a chunk missing from one of my acan colonies. 

So it looks like I am going fishing tonight.  I am going to start with a chunch of shrimp in a clear bottle and see how that goes. I sure hope it works as I have zero interest in pulling my tank apart.

Greatwhite

Hmmm.. These guys are supposed to be reef safe!  Goes to show that there are always exceptions to rules...  Good luck in your hunt.

jon1985

what makes it more frustrating is he was fine for over a year.  Then I changed to a 120 (bigger tank) and he started nipping.