New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Strange ocellaris clown behavior

Started by DrReefer, May 04, 2012, 05:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrReefer

Hey guys ! So I notice that my darwin and fancy Ocellaris were acting strange lately, Since the death of my LTA (that they did not have time to host) they seem to be hanging around the spot AND only that spot. At first I only had the Fancy and He would be swimming left to right .... I dont even know how he wasent getting bored of it , It actualy made me dizzy just looking at him go and every one that would check out my tank would tell me is was so active! A month after I have introduced my Darwin Ocellaris, they did fight a bit but the Darwin went into submision and they have since been inseperable :) At First they Fancy would ride the waves and kind of show the Darwin how to do it and pushing him into the current , It was a blast to watch them go and to see the relationship they had established. Since the LTA has died , They have now confined them self to the left bottom corner of the tank. They still hang out and sleep together on the sand bed but for some odd reason they are not as active as they used to be :(

Few more info :
- No change in current / water movement
- Water parameters are in perfect condition 8.1PH, 0 Amonia, 0 Nitrite, 0 Nitrate, 430/420 Calcium
- They are both eating fine and have great colors, In fact as soon as I cut the pumps for feeding they go straight for the top as they know food is comming !

Thanks !