New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

help! amano shrimp larvae problem!

Started by blueknight0303, June 22, 2012, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueknight0303

Hello everyone! im new here so i would like to ask some help on how to take care of amano shrimp larvae... i had a huge female amano shrimp with hundreds of eggs but.just this morning i realized that she pobably laid her eggs already... i know that the larvae will need a 35ppm salt water to grow but i have no idea where to get their food... im thinking of giving artemia food by ocean star or crushing my fluval shrimp pellets... any suggestion? thanks!

bandit

Marinescape has phytoplankton (green water) which is what I would try, I dont know anything on amano shrimps though

Shawn84

They will need to b feed on green water or microscopic food. Also you should try to catch them and put them in a brackish water. More leaning toward saltier. I have try my hand on breeding these guy. But no luck. Also keep the light on 24/7 once female release the fry. Until they molted into a miniture form of the aldult.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

blueknight0303

thanks! ill try marinescape. i have read online that brakish water doesnt work for them, only salt water with 30ppm - 35ppm.