New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pond Plants

Started by dan2x38, May 09, 2008, 02:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

Was surfing for aquarium plants found this site: http://www.plantranch.ca/water_plants.html Maybe it can help someone.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

littlelil

CrazyFish

I was just thinking about the various places I've found pond plants in Ottawa so here's my list.

Coventry Road Canadian Tire - Has a nice pond display every year with a good mix of your basic plants.

Ritchie's Feed and Seed - Has some bigger pots of lily's usually and an interesting mix of plants.

Artistic Landscape and Design - Has a larger selection of aquatic plants and a wide range of lily's to choose from.

Greta's Organic Seeds - she's got a nice mix of tropical aquatic plants(purple taro for example) and lots of hardy plants too. 

Has anyone else found some great places for pond plants in Ottawa?  My wife found a guy in Montreal that has lotus but I haven't seen any place here that has them.

Is anyone a member of the Great Ottawa Water Garden Society?

Looked up their site and saw this:
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Speaker: Richard Inchley, Richard Inchley Ponds and Aquaria
Topic: Aquatic Plants
Location: 3964 Farmview Road, Kinburn (tel. 613/832-9377). 32 km/25 minutes west of Scotiabank Place.
Please see mapquest.com for directions.
N.B. - Aquatic plants and fish will be available for purchase (cash or cheque only).
90G Planted tank
65G Large Goldfish/Koi
48G Smaller Goldfish.
20G South American tank
10 Gallon Goldfish growout

The Pond Boy

Hi,

I am also member of the Greater Ottawa Water Society. We have monthly meetings from March until October. For pond owners it is a great way to learn a lot about fish, plants and ponds and yes wo go and visit May 21 Richard Inchley. He grows water plants and members of GOWC can boy them that night.
Thanks,

Greg Veldhuizen
The Pond Boy
www.thepondboy.com

bergenm

Richmond Nursery (Richmond), Reilly's Country Gardens (Kinburn), & Make it Green (Kanata South) all have nice aquatic plants.

I picked up my Empress Lotus from Make it Green - they normally bring in a few each year. You can also order them direct from Moore's Water Garden out of London, ON.

http://www.moorewatergardens.com/index.html
Michael