New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

If you love Koi, check this out!

Started by Fishnut, March 27, 2009, 10:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

:o  I think Japan just got bumped up to the #1 place in the world I want to visit!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAklL29NJKQ

pminister

All i can is Wow. Such dedication to anything in life truly goes a long way. Yeah i am on the same boat as you, i want to buy a ticket to japan now. lol.

washefuzzy

Beautiful Kois! I need to move to Vancouver and build a big pond in the backyard. :)

fishsticks

wow nice i'm such a lover of koi I tattooed two on me so far and am planning a koi pond this summer
200 g ,1 yellow tang,, 1 royal gramma,1 tomato clown,1 percula clown, ,,1 three stripe damsel,2 green cromis,2 scissor cromis, 5 cleaner shrimp,,1 coral bandit shrimp...coral.....

jetstream

The way it works is the fish farm also act as a boarding school or foster home, whatever you call them. You send your koi to the farm's pond for 1-2 years and let the fish absorb the sun light which is UV and also the mineral from the mud pond! Some Koi nuts in the state also operate something similar.

Ya, Koi is beautiful and you can train them come to you and eat from your hand!  Fishnut, are you going to send your koi there later on to have a winter break away from Ottawa  cold winter? Sure they'll gain more muscle tone not fat! :D

Fishnut

Hmmm...they would certainly look amazing when they come home! :D  Maybe I'll do that when I win the lottery :)

I wonder if there's a way we can add the same kinds of minerals to our ponds?  I suppose I could just dump dirt at the bottom of the pond on the liner if I knew what was in the dirt.  It's mostly clay in the Japanese ponds right?

I always wonder what they do with the culled koi.  Are they destroyed or are they sold off as cheep koi to places like BA :).