New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello all

Started by fyrebull, December 31, 2006, 04:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrebull

Hello,

I am new to this group and have always had an intrest in aquariums,I have had a few smaller ones through out the years and am looking at starting up with some larger projects, reading through as a guest I have been very impressed with the classified section and the general information on the site. I hope you all don't mind answering some of my "dumb" questions, that I am sure to have plenty of.....

Thank you

Fyrebull the fireman

beowulf

NO question is dumb welcome and make yourself at home!!!

PaleoFishGirl

Another fireman, score :)

Welcome to OVAS, Fyrebull.  We're all here to answer your questions and beowulf is right, there are no stupid questions (just stupid people).  Just kidding ;) Ask away!

babblefish1960

Oddly enough, your vocation would be of interest to some of the ladies here, I don't know why, but firemen are apparently really hot. So welcome and enjoy the site. Would you happen to have some hints on hand on what you might be thinking of starting up?

And the only stupid questions are the ones never asked, so fire away.

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 03, 2007, 06:39:28 PM
Oddly enough, your vocation would be of interest to some of the ladies here, I don't know why, but firemen are apparently really hot. So welcome and enjoy the site. Would you happen to have some hints on hand on what you might be thinking of starting up?

Was the pun intended?  With you I am guessing yes  ;)

babblefish1960

yessiree wulfboy, good guess, the fireman gets the fire pun, and hopefully he has a sense of humour. ;)

fyrebull

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 03, 2007, 06:39:28 PM

All good babble, thanks for the welcome, right now I have a small set-up 10 gal. tank, but I want to go 100+ a fairly large jump I realize but I do have the room, but I am in no rush so I am planning on putting it together piece by piece over the next year by watching the classified and learning information over your site.

I would love to go saltwater but I would be more nervous about that undertaking.

FB

darkphreak

Going saltwater was the best jump I could have taken. Ok its abit more expensive but WOW!

beowulf

Quote from: DARKPHREAK on January 03, 2007, 10:19:39 PM
Going saltwater was the best jump I could have taken. Ok its abit more expensive but WOW!

A bit?  Try a whole hell of a lot.