New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Greetings

Started by Tynan Rasmus, January 18, 2007, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan Rasmus

I am new here, obviously .. found this place while searching for local saltwater shops as ALS is not all that great sometimes... so I started my first saltwater tank about 1 month ago. Its doing well. Its a 14 gallon Oceanic bio- cube with 14.2 lbs of live rock, crushed coral base, and 14 blue hermits and 2 astrea snails. Plan to add fish in a few weeks. I am also currently setting up a 30 gallon Cichlid tank. Will let you know how that goes. I am loving the reef tank stuff though. Anyways, hope to meet a few of you and learn more about this new and very interesting hobby of mine.

Tynan

artw

ALS is probably a lot better now considering we should have got a new marine shipment last night.

darkdep

Welcome to the site Tynan!

Tynan Rasmus

Quote from: artw on January 18, 2007, 07:01:53 AM
ALS is probably a lot better now considering we should have got a new marine shipment last night.

Do you work at ALs? I find the one in the east end is much better kept and always has alot more stock than the one in Kanata. However, sometimes its impossible to get anyone to help you!

Tynan Rasmus

babblefish1960

Welcome to the club website, have you any pictures of your cube?

You mention setting up a cichlid tank, what sort of fish are you planning for that one?

Nerine

welcome to the group!!

i'd like to see pics too!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Tynan Rasmus

Thanks :) ...Actually, I have changed my mind about the Cichlid tank and decided to set up another reef in the 30 gallon. I love Cichlids, but after playing with this cube, I am finding it just to interesting to go back to freshwater :)

Here are a few pics of the cube ... My Xenias are not doing so well, but they were just added so hopefully they are just getting used to the change.

PaleoFishGirl

Wow!! Nano cubes are soooooo cool :)  What is that beautiful pink thing?

Tynan Rasmus

Thank you :) ... the pink thing is pulsing Xenia, but its not doing so well right now.