New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello again!!!

Started by Pamelajo, January 21, 2009, 02:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pamelajo

My original post in 2005:
QuoteGoldfish4ever suggested I join your forum.  I live near Niagara Falls.
I have 6 tanks which house one betta, corys, guppies and  5 different kinds of snails.  I started breeding my own snails a couple of months ago as there is not a lot of variety in my area.

Been keeping fish for over twenty years off and on.  Only developed MTS in the 5 - 10 years. ::)
What is new?  Working full-time still and taking a two year Food Supervisor and Nutrition Management Course.  In my second year with three more months to go.   ;D
I now have 10 tanks.  Still breeding snails and have been breeding albino bns, regular and long finned for a couple of years.  No longer have guppies or the betta.  Have lots of live bearers wild and domestic as well as killis, cories, CPD, endlers and shrimp.

KLKelly

Hi and welcome again.

I've always wanted snails but I feel guilty thinking that my goldfish will pester them to death.

Karrie

Pamelajo

Thanks Karrie, what kind of gold fish do you have?

Brine

there are some seriously cool snails out there....got any more pics? and welcome back

Pamelajo

Yep be right back. 

Pamelajo

You will be sorry you asked

My first salton, no longer have these.

My very first baby brigs, years ago

More brigs

Gold on gold Marisas don't have anymore.

The biggest one I own

another brig

Haustrums

I currently have the brigs, spixis(the striped yellow and burgundy from first set of pics) and canas and the big guy who I have not positively id'd yet.  Thought I had it but the colour of her eggs are throwing me off.

Pamelajo

And finally my assissan snail.

Julie

I like the brigs, are you breeding them?

Pamelajo

Yes I do breed them, I actually have a bunch growing up right now.  Still really tiny though.

I also breed the spixis who are not laying at the moment.  And will be breeding the canas again soon.
All the little dots on the bottom of the tank are the baby brigs.

Laura

Welcome! I'm very glad to have such a knowledgeable snail geek around!!
(I mean that in the best possible way ;))
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

sas

G'day and welcome :).
More snail worshippers, this site can only get better 8). hehehe

RoxyDog

Hi and YAY for snails!   :D  I used to have brigs, they bred for me a few times too, I loved them.
I was able to keep them with my fancy goldies, i'm not usre if that was a no no or not, but it worked for me.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Pamelajo

Thanks everyone!!
Keeping snails with fish depends on the personality of the fish.  I used to keep mine with livebearers, but they kept picking at them.  So now the only fish they are in with is bns.
I have been breeding and shipping them for a few years now, that is what started the mts.
Glad to hear some of you have had luck with breeding them.  Mine have been leaving me a clutch about twice a week for the last couple of months.  The last 4 I auctioned off to a friend in B.C.

Laura I took it in the best possible way.  Around my area I am known as the snail lady.  Especially at the petstore.  The cashier once said being a snail lady was better than being the rat lady who supplied them with rats.  (Definitely, no offense to those who keep rats, Teddy Bear Hamsters is the only kind of rodent I would even consider keeping) ;D