New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello

Started by mkowals2, November 27, 2009, 01:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkowals2

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and sort of new to aquariums. When I was a bit younger I had my aquarium set up, but I wouldn't really call it mine, as I was never actually the one to take care of it.. it was more my parents aquarium it seemed.
But, being older now and excited to getting my aquarium set up myself for a change, I'm glad to be a part of this community, and excited to learn all I can!
I still have my 10 gallon starter which currently has 1 balloon belly molly, 1 platy, 1 dwarf gourami, 1 otocinclus catfish, 3 little neon tetras, 1 pepper catfish, and 2 mystery snails who seem to enjoy floating around most of the time, half hanging out of their shells ??? (not too sure how to stop this...)
I also have a bunch of hornwart that grows like crazy.
Anyways, glad to be a member, and look forward to talking with you all :)

-Mike

zima

Welcome to OVAS! This is a great place to learn and share knowledge.

mkowals2

Thanks for the welcome! Your display pic had me laughing out loud, by the way ;D

zima

Ha ha, thanks. It's a good one! He just loved hanging out in my 5 gallon spare (hospital) tank, till I need to put it to use.

mkowals2

Haha he looks quite pleased with himself  :P
I was actually starting to think about getting a "hospital" tank because one of my fish might be sick, and if need be, I can't medicate it with snails in the tank I don't think. I have a spare 2 gallon but I'm pretty sure it's plastic so I wouldn't be able to heat it... could I use it to put the snails in instead? Can they stand living in room temperature water?

Vincenzo.

mkowals2