New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Merry Christmas

Started by Mike L, December 18, 2013, 12:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike L

Hello all Mike here.
As many regulars to the site know I have been posting for just over a year after finding the OVAS site.
I was a serious cichlid keeper and breeder in my 20s and 30's but life has a way and there just wasn't time.
Last August we had a gathering at the home and I was teased by friends about my lone 75 gallon tank with one pleco. That was a turning point and I jumped back in with both feet (and 4 new tanks).

I just wanted to say that it was this site and the many people that I've met and corresponded with that have ignited the passion again. While I'll always be a cichlid guy I've learned more about all disciplines of the hobby and have a much deeper respect for the hobby as a whole.

So I just want to say Thanks, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

Mike

Aquaticfinatic

Happy holidays or merry Christmas to you mike. Wondered where you've been. See ya soon.  ;D

wolfiewill

Merry Christmas back at ya. And I have to second the comments about the club inflaming passions. I've been in this hobby for over 25 years now and have gotten involved with OVAS only in the last 2 or 3. And it has been the people I've met, traveled with and socialized with that have made the activity so much more rewarding. I 'hobbied' alone for way too long without realizing the rewards that can be provided for by a community of great people. Thanks to all, and again Merry Christmas. I hope it's a terrific holiday for everyone.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

fischkopp

It's always a great thing to have a few friends around to keep you excited! This place is bad for that!  ;D

Late welcome and merry xmas!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

exv152

Thanks Mike, Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and yours too! Hopefully some of the planted tank stuff has rubbed off on you as well from the greener side of the hobby.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Stussi613

Mike, really glad you've found your passion again and that you have gotten some value from OVAS.  I found the same thing when I started back in the hobby with my 60G cichlid tank and have purchased a membership ever since.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

Mike L

QuoteHopefully some of the planted tank stuff has rubbed off on you as well from the greener side of the hobby.
It has but only to the extent of what I could put in tanks with very hard water ph over 8.8   

charlie

Pleasure meeting you today Mike, although a brief chat , it was good to chat with you.
Thanks for the Christmas wishes & would like to wish you & family a great Christmas & a Happy fishy New Year.
Errol

ajm1961

A very Merry Christmas to you as well Mike!
Very happy to hear that OVAS has helped stoke your passion for the hobby.
It's great to share our love for the "glass box"!

All the best to you and to all our club and forum members for 2014!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

sanny

Although I don't know you quit yet Mike since i'm new to this forum. I've gotten a lot of help, and I appriciate it. I want to wish a Merry Christmas to Mike and the rest of you!

Happy Holidays!