New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

90 gal reef, 8 months in

Started by omarh, April 09, 2011, 12:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omarh

just want to share a few pictures of my 90 gallon. 8 months in so far. Took these pictures last month to post but never got around to it till now. The little HA is now almost gone. nothing a seahare, manual plucking, and some ultra power phos coudn't handle!!

everything is doing well, except for that blue sponge......shrinking a bit day by day. moved it around. added more flow around it. nothing. almost giving now :( it's my favorite specimen in the whole tank!

well thanks for to the forum for all the advice. My favorite sponsors for their great advice and help with setting things up! and all the forum members i got a chance to meet and check out their systems!

liv

looking great!
whats your setup like.. lighting etc  ?

White Lightning

NIce job Omar. I see you geave up the FOWLR system to focus on the reef. I can empathize with ya, FOWLR are quite boring compared to a reef.

omarh

well randy, remember that tiger cowrie i picked up off you......well, i kept my MAxijes without the little strainer piece. so he decides to crawl up on the maxijet pump and the animal get sucked out of the shell i guess whith his remains getting logged in my skimmer and decayed. caused a complete trank crash and i decided it just wasnt worth resetting up anyway. ALl that happened in a span of litle over 24 hours. only figured out what happened after the fact. i kept on looking aroudnd to try and figure out what caused all this , until i took apart my skimmer to smell the most horrible smell ever.

omarh

as for setup.
ASM-G2 skimmer
6 bulb T5, with Tek reflectors in the hood
MAG9.5 return tee off to supply my refugium
4 koralia Evo 1400 for flow
120lbs LR
RKL controlling the lights and acting as a water heater fail safe
RKL- moonlight add-on
looking at setting up an ATO soon with the RKL.
BRS carbon and GFO reactor

actualy liv come to think about it, i think you had drilled that tank abouta  year ago for a fellow on AquariaCanada (his name is jason if i remember correctly, somewhere out in french side, hull/aylmer). i bought his setup (display, sump, skimmer, return pump) before he even had a chance to use it.

jason1985

Quote from: omarh on April 09, 2011, 02:10:56 PM
as for setup.
ASM-G2 skimmer
6 bulb T5, with Tek reflectors in the hood
MAG9.5 return tee off to supply my refugium
4 koralia Evo 1400 for flow
120lbs LR
RKL controlling the lights and acting as a water heater fail safe
RKL- moonlight add-on
looking at setting up an ATO soon with the RKL.
BRS carbon and GFO reactor

actualy liv come to think about it, i think you had drilled that tank abouta  year ago for a fellow on AquariaCanada (his name is jason if i remember correctly, somewhere out in french side, hull/aylmer). i bought his setup (display, sump, skimmer, return pump) before he even had a chance to use it.

Yea this is my old setup, a year later I ended up buying again.

it's looking good

NjOyRiD

were you able to get rid of that hair algea?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

omarh

most of it is gone now. sea hare is hard at work!!

NjOyRiD

Quote from: omarh on April 20, 2011, 05:52:50 PM
most of it is gone now. sea hare is hard at work!!

yeah mine too is doing a good job!!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

omarh

i noticed a huge increase in coral growth/opening and large decrease in HA when i switched from my biweekly to weekly Water changes. i was going 18-20% every two weeks. now little over 10% weekly and it's a world of a difference.