New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Anywhere in Ottawa that I can buy Cyprichromis Leptosoma and Neolam. leleupi?

Started by Anxcu, December 20, 2019, 06:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anxcu

Hi,

Is there any Ottawa based local breeder that I can buy these fishes from? 

Thanks in advance

Bob_S

There are very few in Ottawa that keep Tanganyika Cichlids

I have 3 Neolamprologus leleupi that I got from Quebec Cichlids about a year ago.

I suspect I have females as I lost the two largest who jumped out of the tank while I was away for a few days, I suspect they were chasing each other.

Looking to pick up some if they arrive at one of the local fish stores or if someone is doing a group order, trying to get a breeding pair.

They are available in Toronto, Montreal or Spencer Jack in Manitoba.

I was at Finatics Aquarium in Mississauga last November and they had some Cyprichromis leptosoma at the time.

Hope you are able to find some.

120g  Yellow Labs, PS Socolofi,  Neolomprologus leleupi , compressiceps Chaitika
30g Albino Pleco's
30g Planted, 10g cherry shrimp

Anxcu

Thanks

That's interesting that very few here keep Tanganyikan.  I wonder why? I guess I have to wait for Spencer for new stock of Cyps.

Jody

Hi,

Yeah, Ottawa is a tough market for Tanganyikan cichlids. There used to be a few people that kept a lot of them, but over time they moved, or got out of the hobby.
I have a couple of Tangs at the moment, some N. buescheri kachese, gold ocellatus, similis, caudopunctatus, V. moori, J. marlieri gombe.
  I find Spencer to be one of the best sources for stuff like that, though there are people in Montreal that have some nice stuff too..
Good luck finding the stuff you want!

Jody