New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sick fish what can i do???

Started by rechaud, July 25, 2007, 07:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rechaud

My scianochromis iceberg has not eat since 2 weeks so i tranfer him in the emergency tank tolet him rest and i remarked 4 days ago that he has a hole just beside is side fine. Its very clean, the fish hase is color but you can see that he is not strong. Everyday, i check out to see if its better but it doesn't semm like.

My question is, what can i do???
Do i have to put something in the water????
What can it be???

The tissue on the side look like its been stuck by something, is it a parasite or he's been attaked???

Thanks guys and please help me i don't want to loose him :'(
Réchaud...

rechaud

The hole on is side seem to get bigger so what do you think i have to need???
It killing me to dee him like that, is there any product or should i just kill him??  :'(
Thanks
Réchaud...

Crumpet

I'm not sure if I'll be much help but I am wondering if it is something similar to what the discus can get?  hexamita?  Does it look anything like that?

http://www.aquariumfish.net/information/hole_in_the_head.htm

rechaud

well he just die so thanks  :'( :'( :-[ :'(
I put im in a bag to give him a favor :'( :-[
Réchaud...

babblefish1960

Sorry to hear about the loss of your hap rechaud, were you able to tell if it was damage from an incident or hexamita?  Two weeks is a very long time to refuse to eat, I'm not sure there would have been anything you could have done with this situation if it was bacterial.

rechaud

i realy don't know what he can have, i go this mornig to La Niche to ask the owner but he was not able to help me he just sold me a blue bottle and he said to put a little bit in the tank but it was to late i think. He says that maybe he has a cancer but we are not able to tell. The sure thing is that the hole in his side was getting bigger and bigger so i realy think i do the best thing for him :'(

So, he had no enrgie and seem to suffer so i just pick him and put him in a bag to end his battle. I realy love that fish, it was one of my favorite but to be a little bit happy i think about the little babys he gave me 2 months ago  :-\ :-[

Rest in peace boy, i'll miss you.
Réchaud...

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

babblefish1960

That is very sad rechaud, I do hope that the babies he left for you work out all right for you.

rechaud

Hope so  :)
they look pretty healthy so cross my fingers.