New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS by-elections

Started by garnpet, September 13, 2010, 10:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

OVAS will be holding by-elections during the general meeting on the 27th of September for the following vacant positions:

The President shall:

• Act as an official representative and spokesperson for OVAS.
  • Seek to ensure that the other Officers and the Executive carry out their duties, but this does not imply that the President must assume the duties of any Officers who are absent or derelict in their duties.
  • Chair all Executive meetings and membership meetings, and serve as an ex-officio member of all OVAS committees.

The Vice-President shall:

• Assist the President in carrying out all of his or her duties.
  • Act for the President, in the President’s absence or at the request of the President.

The Breeders/Aquatic Horticulturalist Awards Program Chair shall:

• Promote, provide, maintain, and make available to the General Membership and the Executive the society rules and standards for the Breeder Award Program (BAP) and Aquatic Horticulturalist Award Program (AHAP).
  • Update and maintain accurate records of participation in the BAP/AHAP.
  • Award points for captive reproduction of species and supporting materials as provided in the BAP/HAP rules.
  • Advise the Executive and the General Membership of any certificates or memberships earned per season.

The Auction Chair shall:

• Organize and run the monthly auctions and Giant auction.
  • Provide appropriate documentation to the Treasurer at the close of each auction for audit purposes
  • Maintain an accurate list of all current auction statistics

If you want to run for a specific position on the OVAS executive for the 2010/2011 season you can post your intentions here.  Please post only if you have decided you are running, not if you are just thinking about it.

Please do not post comments.

Names on this thread received by September 26th at 10:00 p.m. will be entered on the elections ballot, anyone declaring to run for a position after the deadline will be added manually to the ballot at the time of the election.

Please let us know your name in the real world, the position for which you have decided to run, and if you so choose, a brief blurb as to why you would be a good candidate for that particular position. 
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Brent Shaver

I would like to post my name for VP.  As for real name, well it is as it reads...

I have organised and ran multiple live events for different Cancer Charities also have been involved in the organisation of live bands for the past 12 years, and there is nothing harder then making a band happy, didn't you know they are all stars..smiles.

As for OVAS, I admit I am relatively new to this site (Jan 09), but I have kept fish on and off for around 20 years.  I currently am in the middle of rebuilding a 110 gallon cichlid tank and have a 50 gallon with Silver Dollars and Cherry Shrimp and am hoping to get a 75 gallon to make a HT Planted this fall.

Anyone that has met me in person knows I am easy to get along with and I always give 110% to what ever I get involved with and OVAS would get nothing less.

Hope this is enough and should anyone have questions feel free to send me a PM.

Guess that's it...
Brent

White Lightning

I have always enjoyed the auctions. I have been with the club for about four years and believe that if given the opportunity I can fullfill the duties of the auction chair.

White Lightning

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my real name is Randy Moar. I have chosen to run for auction chair because I would like to give back to the club what it has given me. I am an honest and trustworthy individual who has a passion for this hobby.

Fishnut

My real name is Sylvia Robbins.  I also want to give back to the club.  I have my own business so there are several skills that I've developed from that which I feel would benefit the club.  I delegate well, I'm accustomed to keeping things organized and running smoothly and I'm very accustomed to networking. 

As far as the fish aspect of my life goes, I have been involved with fish keeping since I was very young (I'm coming up on 20 years of independent fish keeping...eek!!) and have kept hundreds of species of fish.  I worked in a fish room while I went to college and I have operated my own fish room (for my private enjoyment).

Based on my skills and the available positions, I would like to enter my name for President.

irene

My real name is Irene Utovac and I would like to put my name in for the position of President.

I have been a member of the club since 2006.  I have been keeping fish since I was a kid and over the years I've acquired much knowledge and experience keeping and breeding many different fishes and aquatic invertebrates.  I am also very familiar with planted tanks and ran my own fishroom for years in the past.

I would very much like to see the club continue to grow in the coming years and I have the time and energy to devote to this.  Many of know me well and know that I am very fair and easy to get along with.

Some of my past contributions to the club include making available to the Ottawa area several items that were not previously easy to find such as the self cloning marbled crayfish and also one variety of dwarf crayfish along with a few uncommon fishes.  I also initiated (but did not organize- thanks martin_jones!)  the first belowwater group order and brought live California blackworms to the area at a time when they were not easy to acquire. 

Thanks for your consideration and looking forward to seeing everyone at the September meeting!

Irene

garnpet

Thanks to everyone who volunteered.  Elections will be held tonight during our September general meeting.  Nominations will still be taken from the floor.

garnpet

Please remember to bring your membership card.

garnpet

Congratulations to the following people:

President: Irene U.   (irene)
Vice-President: Brent S.   (brent shaver)
Auctions: Randy M.  (White Lightning)
BAP: Jasmine L. (freshfishies)

Thanks to everyone who allowed their name to stand for nomination as well as those who were at the meeting and voted.

Dorrie

Congratulations to all who ran and voted! :)

new2salt