New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Forum profile stars - revisited

Started by babblefish1960, January 05, 2007, 01:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Quote from: beowulf on January 05, 2007, 01:06:57 PM

On a side note....what are the little stars by our names?  At first I thought that was feedback.
The stars merely indicate the relative number of postings that an individual has made and they are progressively accrued up to the number of five. They also reflect the name under the user name, such as hatchling on one extreme, to poseidon on the other extreme, I believe spawning adult is the number five position.

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 05, 2007, 01:12:48 PM
The stars merely indicate the relative number of postings that an individual has made and they are progressively accrued up to the number of five. They also reflect the name under the user name, such as hatchling on one extreme, to poseidon on the other extreme, I believe spawning adult is the number five position.

Would you not have 5 then?

babblefish1960

Quote from: beowulf on January 05, 2007, 01:21:18 PM
Would you not have 5 then?
I do, but like you, as an OVAS club member, I have a fish to represent that distinction in place of a star, and as a moderator and OVAS Executive, I have a snail in place of a star for that position, the Poseidens have a crab as well as a snail to indicate their webmaster status. It's all a matter of five though.

PaleoFishGirl

All talk of marzipan pigs has been relocated to The Lounge :)

beowulf

I see what you mean now.  I thought the stars just moved over but the fish and other icons replace a star.  Simple enough once you know about it.