New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Planted tanks overflowing with fresh Vals, Aponogetons, Bacopa, Rotala....etc

Started by dbl_dbl, November 29, 2012, 01:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbl_dbl

New plant shipment tonight (Nov 28th 2012). Tons of new stock, so many new plants I had to start planting down the aisles! Come and get first dibs on some beautiful, healthy plants, including several species of Val, Bacopa, Rotala, Cryptocoryne, Aponogeton, Hygrophylia. Some really nice Java Fern, Hydrocotl and Cardamine for those low tech systems as well.

New fish also arrived, including some stunning Denasonii Barbs/Rosaline Sharks (Puntius denasonii), some vibrant Discus, and the usual favourites such as Cardinal Tetras, Neons, Harlequin Rasboras.

Hope to see some of you plant fantatics out this week!

dbl_dbl

daworldisblack

Nice thanks for the heads up - I always like to know when you guys get new shipments in and what you guys get in. Its useful info!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Funkmotor

I was at the Kanata store Thursday night and the plant tank was - quite literally - overflowing with plants.  Lots of great stuff, so much I wish I had more room.  And even though the big waterfall tank in the middle was stuffed, there was loads more scattered in other tanks all over...just an absolute mess of plants, and all looking very good indeed.

daworldisblack

Any interesting livestock? BA East has the info up in the BA website but not BA West. Did you perhaps see if they had a good Driftwood selection? It was sparse the last time round. Wanna make sure the conditions are perfect before I make the 1 hr trip there :p If plants are overflowing 1/3 of the conditions are met ;)

dbl_dbl

Big Al's East has about 100lbs Mopani, 60lbs Malaysian and 40 or so nice large pieces of manzanite after the last shipment! I would say give the West end a shout just to confirm they got some as well.

lucius

Just came back from the west location and it's not overflowing anymore but still lots of plants in fish tanks.

exv152

Just got back and they still have a good selection of plants left. Also managed to get some cardinals, not many left though.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on December 01, 2012, 12:16:25 PM
Just got back and they still have a good selection of plants left. Also managed to get some cardinals, not many left though.
Eric, anything out of the ordinary?
I was thinking fo going but after a bit of outside exposure, my thought of going changed to stay inside  :)

exv152

Hey Errol, not really out of the ordinary, lots of red, like alternanthera reineckii pink or purple, narrow leaf java fern (in a side tank), blixa, glosso, ludwigia repens, rotala macrandra etc. Not much new in the way of fish.

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Did you perhaps get a glimpse of the driftwood selection too? Was looking for the branchy red moor but the last time i was there they didn't have much. I just called and they said they weren't too bad but its all subjective when it comes to driftwood :p

exv152

Quote from: daworldisblack on December 01, 2012, 01:13:04 PMDid you perhaps get a glimpse of the driftwood selection too? Was looking for the branchy red moor but the last time i was there they didn't have much. I just called and they said they weren't too bad but its all subjective when it comes to driftwood :p

That's one of the main reasons I went, but I didn't see anything interesting.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: daworldisblack on December 01, 2012, 01:13:04 PM
Did you perhaps get a glimpse of the driftwood selection too? Was looking for the branchy red moor but the last time i was there they didn't have much. I just called and they said they weren't too bad but its all subjective when it comes to driftwood :p
There is a guy in Toronto hat as some nice branchy Manzanita wood, that same TO site you prowl  ;D