New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Membership

Started by leah2296, December 18, 2013, 12:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leah2296

Hey,

I just found this site recently - I actually had no idea this group existed!

I am enjoying the forum a lot and I think I will buy an OVAS membership. Is the best way to do this really online or should I just come to the next meeting and do it in person? Will it expire in September or in one year from when I purchase it?

I see Critter Jungle is listed as one of the sponsors - does that mean that OVAS members get discounts there? (It's super close to me so that would be exciting if it's the case).

Sorry about all the questions!

So glad I found this site :)

Leah

Stussi613

Quote from: leah2296 on December 18, 2013, 12:40:17 AM
Hey,

I just found this site recently - I actually had no idea this group existed!

I am enjoying the forum a lot and I think I will buy an OVAS membership. Is the best way to do this really online or should I just come to the next meeting and do it in person? Will it expire in September or in one year from when I purchase it?

Hi Leah,

There won't be a regular meeting until January because of the holidays, so you can either do the membership online and your card should be there early next week, or you can come out to Kanata and meet me later this week and I can set you up with a card :)  The card will expire in September of next year (2014).

I see Critter Jungle is listed as one of the sponsors - does that mean that OVAS members get discounts there? (It's super close to me so that would be exciting if it's the case).

Sorry about all the questions!

So glad I found this site :)

Leah

Yes, Critter Jungle does provide a discount to OVAS members (as do some of the other sponsors of the site http://ovas.ca/ovas/sponsors )

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

leah2296

Thanks! I got my membership but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

Is there a reason why I am not listed as as an "Ovas club member" on here like others?

Leah

Stussi613

Quote from: leah2296 on December 27, 2013, 11:37:32 AM
Thanks! I got my membership but it hasn't arrived in the mail yet.

Is there a reason why I am not listed as as an "Ovas club member" on here like others?

Leah

Did you receive and fill out the online firm that our membership director sent to you? Sometimes it ends up in your spam folder... You need to fill it out and submit it for Bruce to send your membership and change your online status.
I haz reef tanks.

leah2296

Yes, I filled out the form and sent it back right away.

bitterman

Your membership was mailed last week. Your account should also be updated. It is a completely manual process. I remember updating your account... but I may not have hit the change profile after selection Ovas Club Member. It is now showing your membership status correctly.

Everyone that has paid membership and filled out the Application form has had there membership sent out.

Happy Holidays,
    Bruce

leah2296

Quote from: bitterman on December 27, 2013, 07:21:28 PM
Your membership was mailed last week. Your account should also be updated. It is a completely manual process. I remember updating your account... but I may not have hit the change profile after selection Ovas Club Member. It is now showing your membership status correctly.

Everyone that has paid membership and filled out the Application form has had there membership sent out.

Happy Holidays,
    Bruce

great, thank you so much!