New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ANNUAL "GARAGE" SALE!

Started by ajm1961, August 18, 2014, 07:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyAngel

Queensway closing Saturday for Lees Overpass installation

You can expect delays on the Queensway this weekend, as lanes around Lees are closed for a rapid bridge replacement.

A new Lees Avenue overpass is being installed. It'll be the largest and heaviest object in North America to be mounted using Rapid Bridge Replacement techniques, according to the City.

The closures will take place in stages between Metcalfe and the Vanier Parkway. Starting at 3:00 p.m. Saturday, only two lanes will be open eastbound, from Metcalfe to the Vanier Parkway, and westbound from the Vanier Parkway to Nicholas. By 5:00 p.m. only one lane in each direction will be open, and there will be no eastbound access from Nicholas Street or from Isabella and Metcalfe Streets. Westbound lanes will become inaccessible from the Vanier Parkway or St. Laurent Boulevard.

By 6:00 p.m. the highway will be fully closed in both directions until approximately 11:00 a.m. Sunday, at which point the highway will reopen to one lane in each direction. The previously closed access points will reopen at 12:00 p.m. Sunday.

All lanes will fully reopen by 5:00 a.m. Monday.

You can keep abreast of the closures and their effect on traffic on the Queensway each morning Saturday and Sunday, with CFRA. We'll have live traffic reports every 10 minutes from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on Saturday and from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.

I share two angel fish tanks - both of which my hubby takes care of! What's not to like?

charlie

Thanks to all who made it possible today, it was fun meeting & chatting with those in attendance.
Errol

Dorrie

Indeed, thanks to all that helped make this possible. I had a fantastic day!

FocusFin

It was nice to see a few familiar faces.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

limed

It was petty good this year selling most of the stuff, good deal on aquarium setups,
we even got some new members.
Sold about 22 membership that day. Hope to see more at the next meeting
end of the month 29th. 

Ed