New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Submersible water pump for water changes has been life changing

Started by MichelleTCM, January 30, 2021, 08:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelleTCM

I wanted to share a new product I bought that has been so wonderful I dont think I could go without it. I bought a 275 GPH water pump for 32$ on amazon. I use it for adding fresh water back in for water changes. I then set up a 5 gallon pail on the ground which I fill with a second 2.5 gallon pail as the water pump runs. I use water conditioner in the 2.5 gallon pail so it has a few minutes to sit before going in the tank. It takes so much less time, I can set up my filter and heater to turn them back on while it's running. Also fix my plants and focus on other bits. This works great on both our 75 gallon tanks and the 10 gallon tanks as the water pours at such a controlled speed it doesnt disrupt the tank its filling. If you only have big tanks and dont want it to run so slow I'd maybe go a size bigger but this has been perfect for me. I'm no longer absolutely worn out after 5 water changes. It's taken a lot of the worst physical
parts out of it.
Pictures of the set up attached