New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Live Plants

Started by s0me, October 25, 2004, 09:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s0me

I am thinking of taking out the fakes and putting in some live plants. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind I should get?

I am running a 77 gal tank with a GT, pleco, pakistani loach and some smaller guys (not sure what they are).

Here is a pic of my current setup (not very happy with it, and want to change)

Thanks for all the input.

BigDaddy

If you just have the standard light that comes with the hood, you will need to stick to low light plants like java fern, java moss, anubias, etc...

You'd have to upgrade your lighting to be able to support most other plants.

Pisidan

Big daddy is right..what you could do is build your own hood like I did I built mine for about 50 bucks lights and all so I could house medium light plants and higher than that and you want CO2 it was a fun project and the rewards afterwards were great!!

s0me

Sounds great, thanks for the input. I think for the time being I will stick to lower light plants, and work my way up.

Pisidan

I was the same but once you start seeing all the beautiful plants you cant have in a low light you'll wanna switch to at least med LOL...Some of the low light plants are beautiful and grow nice but it becomes and addiction and you'll want to switch LOL!! Good luck though!