New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

It really is all about me

Started by fishycanuck, December 30, 2006, 08:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishycanuck

Well, here goes. Babblefish suggests I tell you a bit about my fish, and also how big my brain is. Naturally, my brain is the size of a planet, but I wouldn't expect him to understand that  ;D
I have been keeping fish for about 3 years now. We're not going to count the goldfish bowl I had in university, even though I did the Heimlich manouver on one once, first successful recusitation I ever attended.
I have had as many as 5 tanks but when I started using the Python and an algae scrubber to clean my kids, it was gently suggested that I cut down.  At the moment, I have:
-a large bowl with a gorgeous cream betta, purchased from a club member :)
-a 10G with danios, cardinal tetras, a medicated betta and a confused frog
-a 25G with a paradise gourami, various platys, and neon tetras
-a 40G with 3 prized Rio Tefe Agassizi (thanks to Babblesuccintfish), a rhino and an albino pleco (thanks to Jetstream and Ottawadiscus), black skirt tetras, gold dust serpae tetras, and an angel (thanks Dandaman). There might be some loaches in there too, but I believe they are pouting.

Outside of fishkeeping, I bashfully admit to being addicted to hair dye and stationary supplies. No twelve-step programme yet exists, but then, who knows. I can stop anytime I want, I just don't want to  :-[ :-[

I have an active family, and somehow manage to find time to work as a Nurse Practitioner, chiefly with the elderly (Babble) and the infirm (DarkDep)

If this doesn't get me banned, I'm not sure what will!

;)

babblefish1960

Well hello there fishycanuck, welcome to OVAS, and good for you for having fish.

I must say that your fish story is kind of cute, especially the Heimlich maneuver, the goldfish was clearly suffering from a bread attack.

That is so cute that you extended tank maintenance to the bathtub with the kiddies,(I assume you didn't clean them in the tanks).

That is a good first step admitting that you are addicted to something, but I noticed you haven't mentioned anything about the inevitable multiple tank syndrome, a rather dubious yet significantly important addiction for any aquarist worth their salt, or prime, or whatever. How does one become addicted to stationary?

I'm still laughing about the indicants represented by the APW and myself insofar as your avocation is concerned, (oh wait, do you mean to say they pay you to be smarmy?). I couldn't find any banning codicils that would cover your particular case as yet, so I'll have to make one up, confer with DarkDep and get back to you. :D

Have a look around the site, say some things, and never stop making me laugh, you'll all find this lady (can I refer to you as a lady?) a very quick whip always with a sharp bon mot.

(edited for errata no less) :-[

FishPassion

Soooooooo fishy what is the natural color anyhow and can we expect some really wild punk colors in the future? I have a little question for you a cpl of mths ago when I dropped off some stuff at your place you went looking for a pen (which took quite a while I might add) would a true addict not have hundreds of pens in various shapes sizes and colors or did you have to go looking in the hair dye cupboard and sort through all those colors to find some pens?
You have been an absolute pleasure to deal with in the past and yes I must be carefull cause you have met my wife several times hmmmmmm the babblefish has been to her office many more times than you have tho and with yardsale season fast approaching, Cathie told me awhile back that babble has her business card allready :)

You have some pretty tanks fishy but you HAVE to go bigger and more tanks so you can add this to your addiction list. Im sure your hubby wont mind he seems like such a kind and understanding man and wont mind one bit. 
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

fishycanuck

Dearest FP, in my squandered youth I had blue and green hair, as well as a half head of purple. I believe my natural colour was medium brown. The last time I let all the dye wear out, my brother asked me why I was streaking my hair with grey  >:(

Why couldn't I find a pen? Because I have small children. You know that, you've seen the little petri dishes yourself.

I baked cookies this weekend, so no hair colouring. I may have time tomorrow, though....

babblefish1960

squandered youth, nasty brother, petri dishes, cookies, it all sounds so exotic, like something out of Dr. Zhivago or even Mary Poppins.  :)

I am liking the grey streaked medium brown, but I dare say, it doesn't seem very natural on you however, as you are more of a glitter girl of the eighties I'm sure. ;)

I like the towering fishpassiongirls comments on the multiple tanks thingy, I agree with him heartily, as it would certainly match your eyes. :D

fishycanuck

babblefish1960

You're so cute when you're angry, kind of makes your flushed face of rage match your eyes and hair, very co-ordinated of you! :)

FishPassion

Babble that was SOOOOOOOOOO WELLLLLLLLL SAIDDDDDDDD...
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

babblefish1960

Why thank you kind sir, would I be making an imposition by hiding behind thee next fishy espies us from afar? Fishy can be cute, yet crazy, but I'm sure I feel some retribution in the air. ;)

fishycanuck

Nope, that was one of you guys passing "wind".

babblefish1960

Oooh, you smarmy little toffee nosed git, I have no response to that other than to say ppffft, so there, I hope you enjoy the unbearable heat and you smear your makeup kissing Mickey's mouse ears while hanging upside down on some bizarre ride. :P ;)

fishycanuck

babblefish1960

Oh my, I caught you in a lie, though I know you're pretty enough well and truly so needing not to paint your face like a tart, I recall a picture of you and a friend dressing up to go howl at the moon for some concert or other, your face was clearly painted, and pretty nifty at that too. ;)

Just you wait until I find that link.

So did you spill your ice-cream on Mickey's ears then?

Welcome back deary, I missed your special brand of smarminess.