New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eheim Problem

Started by smalltownfan, March 06, 2012, 04:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalltownfan

Did a teardown of the Eheim 2215. A serious case of MTS ingestion. (Malaysion Trumpet Snails) Shells in the housing and impeller housing. The motor (sealed) seems to run well. The magnet on the impeller is scored. (If I replaced it I would use a 2217 inpeller for more flow, according to what I read online) The ceramic rod that centres the impeller was a little bent, snapped when I cleaned the housing and started it running. If anyone out there is familiar with Eheims you might be able to let Lurch1 (http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=53111.0) know if it's worth trying to fix. I'm a Fluval user, never had an Eheim.

C'mon guys, help a Noob.
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

Jeff1192

I broke the ceramic impeller rod on my Eheim the first time I tore it down for a serious cleaning as well. You can easily replace i (Big Als usually has them in stock).

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

exv152

Quote from: Jeff1192 on March 06, 2012, 05:08:52 PM
I broke the ceramic impeller rod on my Eheim the first time I tore it down for a serious cleaning as well. You can easily replace i (Big Als usually has them in stock).

Jeff
+1 ~ What he said!
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g