New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LFS Boxing Day Sales - Rumours

Started by darkdep, December 01, 2006, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Anyone on the inside have any info yet on the upcoming boxing day sales?  In particular, last year I ended up losing out on the big tanks for sale at BA, I don't want to miss out this year.

Hoping beyond hope that there are some 6-foot tanks for sale somewhere...

BigDaddy

Same here!  I polled a BA employee just the other day, but they were unable to provide me with any details...

beowulf

I'll try and get some info on the one in Montreal see if the deals are better here or there.

Rudy00

Quatro

Quote from: DarkDep on December 01, 2006, 12:25:39 PM
last year I ended up losing out on the big tanks for sale at BA, I don't want to miss out this year.

Does this mean you won't pick up a tank for me again this year?   ;D

NOTE:  THE FOLLOWING IS LAST YEARS INFO.    I looked into old posts and found the boxing day sales for last year.  For all the new people who can't wait to see what the specials are like.  AGAIN, THESE ARE LAST YEARS SALES.

http://www.bigalscanada.com/boxingdayflyer.htm
http://www.bigalscanada.com/prechristmasflyer.htm

Mike S

darkdep

LOL of course I will.  But this year I'm going first thing so I can actually get something for myself.

Last year I think I was so discouraged that I stood in line for 1/2 hour to buy...like, a heater.

BigDaddy

I promise I won't buy two tanks and have to return one later this year DarkDep

Mettle

I would love it if they had the five foot 120 gal on sale again. I'm looking to make a new environment for my turtles and that would be so ideal.

Or a really great stand/tank/top combo as my dad wants to start a salt water tank and has invited me to join him in the endeavor.

However I doubt I'll be able to get to Big Al's... I work at Best Buy and we have mandatory 12 hour shifts on Boxing Day. Though it'll more than likely be longer than that for me. Oh well. Making money instead of spending it, I guess.

beowulf

Checked out BIg Al's in Montreal and tried to see what info I could get on Boxing day.  I was told all fish will be at least 25% of and some going as far as 75% off.  Also going to be some good deals on tanks (mostly kits) and food but no specifics.

I think overall BA Montreal is a fair bit cheaper.  I'll give you a couple of examples with fish:

Dwarf Pike Cichilds: BA MTL 9.99$  BA Kanata: 15.99$
Amano Shrimp:                  2.99$                   4.99$

Next time I'll get more prices to compare (lost the paper I had this time, doh!)

Otos are 1.99$ in Montreal, firemouths are around 7$.

Rudy00

how do the marine prices look - such as salts, pumps, fish, LR all those good things? if you dont mind me asking

beowulf

Quote from: Rudy00 on December 03, 2006, 08:21:41 PM
how do the marine prices look - such as salts, pumps, fish, LR all those good things? if you dont mind me asking

I'll check during my next visit.  I don't have any salt tanks so honestly didn't check.

PoisonJello

BA's on innes told me they usually order a lot of X size of tank that will be on sale for boxing day week and they had about 20 of the 65G stacked up so i am guessing they will be on sale

Mettle

BA Kanata had a TON of 90 gal tanks all over the place when I was there recently... They're in the front, in the fish room, all over. I know these are going to be on sale.

Rudy00

Quote from: beowulf on December 03, 2006, 09:38:11 PM
I'll check during my next visit.  I don't have any salt tanks so honestly didn't check.
much thanks!

KLKelly

When do the flyer's come out - a week before the prechristmas sale/boxing day sale?

I'll be looking for a 90 gallon.

Karrie

darkdep

Last year the tank deals if I'm not mistaken were 75 gallons for $89, 90gallons for $129, and something smaller that I can't remember.

REALLY hoping that they have some 6 footers on sale but probably not.  Other than the specials last year I believe there was a standard 20% off of everything else.

BigDaddy

The big tank deals were 75's and 110's ... I don't remember the 90's being on sale, but I'm probably wrong

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on December 04, 2006, 01:50:10 PM
Last year the tank deals if I'm not mistaken were 75 gallons for $89, 90gallons for $129, and something smaller that I can't remember.

REALLY hoping that they have some 6 footers on sale but probably not.  Other than the specials last year I believe there was a standard 20% off of everything else.

That's it?  I remember huge savings in the 50%+ range on some things and some livestock in Montreal.  Thank God I am going home for Xmas might as well get something new on the 26th!!

darkdep

Now that I actually read the old flyer...

- 65gallon's were $79.99
- 75gallon's were $89.99
- 90gallon's were $159.99
- 120gallon's were $199.99

There were 55's and 110's on sale in the PRE-Christmas flyer.

darkdep

As Quatro posted, LAST year's boxing day flyer is Here.